Robotics/Mechatronics Project Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Robotics/Mechatronics Project Engineer
Triton Systems Inc. (www.tritonsystems.com) is a rapidly growing applied R&D and product development firm in the greater Boston area. Triton has a strong track-record of translating technologies from the laboratory to the marketplace through commercial development, licensing, joint ventures and spin-off companies. Triton's portfolio of spin-off companies includes: Fluence, Ltd. (www.fluencecorp.com), FRX Polymers (www.frxpolymers.com), Chinook Therapeutics (www.chinooktx.com) and SI2 Technologies (www.si2technologies.com). Triton portfolio companies have received over $400 million in private venture financing and created over $2B in shareholder value.
Triton Systems is seeking a Mechatronics Engineer with an interest in innovative research and development and a desire to create exciting new technologies. Triton's diverse set of projects will give you experience across the product development cycle and allow you to shine in a fast-paced environment. The Robotics and Anti-Tamper group focuses on several program areas including strategic areas: robotics, artificial intelligence and machine learning; communications systems; guidance, navigation, control and environmental monitoring systems; projectile monitoring/certification systems; and sensor data fusion. We are seeking an experienced, talented engineer to help expand our footprint in these areas.
- Develops analyses and theories for mechanical or control systems related to autonomous or tethered robotic vehicles, hardware and control designs for same.
- Assists project personnel during specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans and product testing.
- Executes engineering programs and works with project staff according to project requirements.
- Ideation, technology research, and product development.
- Prepare reports and present results to customers (written and oral).
- Self-starter with the ability to recognize and creatively solve complex problems.
Desired qualifications include some of the following:
- Industry experience in prototype, fabrication, and testing is strongly desired
- Analysis experience with structural mechanics, heat transfer, and fluids required
- Experience leading technical teams and projects required
- Experience with SBIR program is desired
- Experience with DoD aerospace projects is desired
- Experience using COMSOL is desired
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals of product design process including robotics, Unmanned Vehicles, human centered design, design for manufacturing, robotic vehicles, and prototype fabrication methods
- Experience using FEA or Multiphysics analysis software
- Hands-on experimental and fabrication experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication methods
- Familiarity with solid modeling, SolidWorks preferred as well as working knowledge of MATLAB, SimuLink, and ROS
- Adaptability and desire to learn new technologies and work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Broad interest in science and technology with an interest in expanding into new fields
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or Aerospace Engineering. Advanced degree is a plus
- 5-10 years of R&D experience working in design, product development or related field
Due to the nature of our business and information associated with this position, interested candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Resident.
Come join our success and grow with the strength of these fascinating new technologies. We are looking for individuals with confidence and the right stuff. We offer a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Triton Systems' Headquarters is located in Chelmsford, Massachusetts.
Come join our success and grow with the strength of these fascinating new technologies. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Recruiters, we do not require any assistance for this opening. Please NO phone calls or emails.
Triton Systems is a U. S. Government contractor, therefore we are required to gather applicant information for Government reporting purposes. To apply for this position please go to our website's Careers section at www.tritonsystems.com and follow the Clicking Here link to our applicant tracking database to complete the application process. This will ensure efficient processing of your application.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Triton Systems, Inc.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Triton Systems, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?