Design Build General Contractor is looking for a QAQC Manager to support OCONUS (Asia) government construction projects. The Quality Control Manager Position is responsible for the project quality management program and assures that project performance meets the contract requirements. This position will administer the project QCQA plan, and reports directly to the on-site Project Manager. This position has full authority to coordinate the rework of non-conforming work, and has full responsibility for assuring performance objectives and standards identified in this contract are met.
Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Develop plans and procedures for all QC programs
- Implement quality assurance plans and procedures through the life of project.
- Completes necessary inspection reports and documentation required to support findings with the site sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Assists the Project Manager in developing an orientation program to ensure that the project teams are familiar with the requirements of the Project Quality Plan, including other quality matters, if required.
- Coordinates with the owner representative COR on all quality matters.
- Verifies that the quality related site activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards.
- Coordinates all the quality site inspections through the outside QC testing services.
- Ensures all quality control documentation is compiled and competed for as-built recording.
- Monitor and Control all nonconformance reports and undertake remedial action.
- Reviews the contract specification and schedule required inspection and testing.
- Monitors the implementation of the approved on site QC Plan.
- Submits and coordinates the approval of the sites QC technical submittals to the customer.
- Reports all issues, problems, accomplishments, and results of surveys, inspections, meetings, and observations relating to performance of the contract to the Project Manager.
- Assures all technical documents relative to site quality control are of current status.
- Must have 8+ years of field experience in preparing and enforcing quality control programs government, commercial construction projects.
- Must have the knowledge of all building trades architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Carpentry, as well as familiar with International Building Codes.
- Possess or attain US Army Corp of Engineers Construction Quality Manager Certification.
- US Citizenship. DOD Security Clearances at minimum SECRET level.
- Prior Military and/or experience working on a Government Contract or a large commerical facility.
- Applicant with Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, or other relevant disciplines are preferred.
- Must have good Computer Skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.