Senior Financial Analyst (Viator)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Financial Analyst
This role will be an integral part of the Viator Financial Planning & Analysis team and will be responsible for forecasting and reporting on Viator's rapidly growing headcount and fixed and discretionary expenses. Responsibilities include developing accurate forecasts, reporting on business metrics, and driving strategic business decisions. This role requires an independent, proactive and organized candidate who will adapt well in a dynamic environment.
- Manage forecasting of fixed and discretionary costs and their underlying drivers
- Prepare timely and accurate forecasting and reporting materials, as well as analysis of KPI and financial trends
- Build strong business partner relationships with key business leaders
- Prepare business cases in support of new investments and initiatives
- Develop deep understanding of the Viator business, its key drivers and performance indicators
- Work closely with analytics and systems teams to automate data preparation and reporting, from conceptualization to spec-writing and implementation
- Construct detailed financial models using Hyperion Essbase, Excel, and various business intelligence tools, and be able to communicate outcomes and recommendations effectively
- Work closely with accounting team to ensure revenue and expenses are properly recorded and work with business partners to understand significant variances between forecast and actual results
- Develop and apply an advanced technical understanding of Hyperion Systems
- As an essential part of the Viator FP&A team you will be expected to be flexible and assist with Adhoc analyses
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field a plus
- 4+ years of experience in financial planning, budgeting or forecasting, or in a related finance function
- Strong relationship building experience with ability to guide and influence executives
- Thorough knowledge of Excel and its data and analysis tools
- Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Essbase skills a plus
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills, with a demonstrated passion for using data to derive insights and support decision making
- Extremely organized with the ability to contribute to multiple projects within tight time lines
- A team player, able to step in and help out other members of the team when needed
- An inquisitive nature, someone who wants to explore variances and understand the root cause
- An individual who is able to work effectively in a complex, changing environment and adapt to change while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Strong presentation skills
In addition the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Tripadvisor