Director of Education
- Posted: over a month ago
Director of Education
TriNova, Inc. is looking for an enthusiastic and qualified Director of Education to join our team. In this position, you will sell TriNova’s Training products, services and solutions, throughout all of TriNova’s territories. You will be a valued consulting business partner to customers to determine current and future needs in maintenance and engineering technical training. This position helps customers by providing the correct solutions to their technical training challenges by being a problem-solver, a trusted advisor, and a technical expert in applying our products, services, and solutions; and being a liaison between the customer and the company. Moreover, you will build relationships and rapport with customers and understand their processes.
The Director of Education is responsible for the training of customers in process instrumentation and controls and maintaining the local PTU®. Development of training curriculum in the industrial instrumentation field. Facilitation of PTU and onsite training events. The Director of Education is directly responsible for overseeing Education & Training staff, forecasting, budgeting, and other management related items.
- Work effectively with Training Coordinator, VP of Service & Training, Account Managers.
- Call on end user representatives such as engineers, training managers, HR training specialists, or other professional and technical personnel at commercial, industrial, and other establishments to provide solutions to customers; act as a trusted advisor in applying our products, services and solutions to their technical trainings needs.
- Review specifications, training requirements, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates, and benefits, for the client’s use of proposed training products, services, and solutions.
- Provide support and advice to customers relating to implementation of TriNova’s training products, services, or solutions.
- Prepare sales agreements for training products, services & solutions.
- Provide TriNova capabilities overview and seminars to groups.
- Develop and grow the TriNova training business by generating training sales, while fostering long term relationships.
- Provide sales and activity reports as needed.
- Prepare monthly forecast of expected training sales.
- Prepare yearly goals/numbers for TriNova training at year end meeting.
- Set up sales calls/seminars in all key TriNova territories.
- Work with Area Vice Presidents to further penetrate their local market.
- Use & Learn the TriNova Training Calendar system.
- Review Bookings Reports and provide feedback to Training & Development Coordinator and Vice President of Service and Training
- Establish, lead, and execute business plan to promote training sales with Account Managers and AVP’s
- Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all classes.
- Work effectively with Training Coordinator to maintain TriNova’s IACET accreditation status.
- Degree with a focus in an Engineering field – Minimum Bachelor’s degree OR
- 10 years of Instrumentation experience, 5-7 years of training experience, or a combination of experience and education
- Adult learning theory training desired
- Working knowledge of Industrial Networks (Ethernet/IP, WiFi, Profibus, Fildbus Foundation, HART).
- Able to operate and maintain a working Pilot Plant that is controlled by a Rockwell Plant PAX Process Automation Control System.
- Technical comprehension and ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong project management, priority management, planning, problem solving, and multitasking skills.
- Ability to accurately keep student performance records.
- Comfortable with public speaking and facilitating in-person and e-learning/virtual classes.
- Technical aptitude/product knowledge, a self-learner, and self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication, relationship building, and organization.
- Ability to establish learning objectives and create a plan to achieve them
- Capability to effectively mentor, coach, and develop subordinates
- Inside and/or Industrial sales experience a plus.
- Some travel may be required
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Opportunities
- Comprehensive healthcare for you and your dependents
- Retirement savings plans with company match
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Employer paid life insurance
- Vehicle allowance, laptop, smartphone, and expense account
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
TriNova, Inc. is a manufacturer's representative and distributor that has been dedicated to helping customers, manufacturers, and suppliers with measurement and process control needs and challenges for over 50 years. Industries we work closely with include oil and gas, chemical, environmental, renewable fuels, pulp & paper, food & beverage, and water & wastewater.
TriNova, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, respects, and inspires all individuals by providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
EducationView all jobs at Trinova Inc