Trinity Member & Guest Services Team Lead
- Posted: over a month ago
Work Direction: The Team Lead, Member & Guests Services works under the direction of the Manager and provides day to day supervision and scheduling of Member & Guests Services Team Member(s).
Basic Function: The Team Lead for Member & Guests Services is largely responsible for coordinating the work flow of the Member and Guests Services Team Member(s). The Team Lead serves as a specialist to plan and coordinate activities involved in the implementation and maintenance of the information processing system, including data entry and report generation. The Team Lead for Member & Guests Services provides integral input in enhancing the commitment and satisfaction of members in the life of the congregation and serves as an important administrative resource for new member assimilation and to the Associate Pastors (APs) and ministry’s supported by the (APs) by disseminating information and coordinating support, operations and services. This person may be required to exercise independent judgment and discretion in the use of applying skill and techniques, procedures or specific standards.
Ministry support - Coordinates administrative support to ministry partners and/or team members as assigned.
- Serves as point of contact for ministry administration, e.g., coordination of Multi-Media/Communications, space, and other ministry needs.
- Forward to appropriate parties ministry related correspondence including but not limited to: agenda, minutes, and financial reports.
- Prepares ministry packets which include information about each ministry as required to support ministry activities.
- Assist in preparing check and activity requests.
Member Records - Ensures member data integrity. Provides direction and/or assistance to end users of membership database.
- Maintains, manages and coordinates vital statistics, files; giving numbers, return mail, annual denominational reports, mass mailings, etc.
- Maintains information processing system, including but not limited to data entry and report generation.
- Processes member record data entry for connections, member and ministry related communications and reports.
- Assist in processes/inputs all accounting and member/visitor information as directed.
Coordinating Work Flow - Ensures coverage of all functional areas of the member and guest services team.
- Works closely with Member and Guests and Ministry Services leadership to coordinate Ministry support functions.
- Works with Manager, Member and Guests Services and team to schedule, plan and execute support of Ministry and Pastoral services.
- Provides consistent and professional judgment to identify, prioritize, resource and measure Guest and Member Services related projects.
Pastoral Care - Provides general administrative and secretarial support to the Office of the Director of Pastoral Services and Associate Pastors. Assist in managing and coordinating pastoral care services such as weddings, funerals, baby dedications and visitations.
- Provides support and aide to team as needed, including record keeping, database management, statistical tracking, general phone calls, in-take calls, prayer-line calls, meeting schedules, time and attendance records, calendars, check requests, file maintenance and all other Pastoral Support projects and/or assignments.
- Coordinates and prepares requirements and activities to support weddings, funerals, baby dedications and visitation Services. Receives and confirms schedules and activities and information with all applicable stakeholders (ie. Director, Coordinator Pastors, Ministers, ministry partners, members, visitors, guests, etc.).
- Prepares, maintains and distributes informational packages and other data for weddings, funerals, baby dedications and visitation Services. Maintains all records related to pastoral services and ensures supplies are kept up-to-date.
- Assists in creating as needed update reports for the Senior Pastor, Executive Leadership Team, Director Pastoral Services, Leadership Council and/or other committees and ministries supported, including but not limited to details on all services performed.
Internal Communication - Provides superior level customer services to member, guests, visitors, team and others.
- Operates and manages call center and call flow.
- Greets, announces and direct members, visitors and guests.
- Processes and delivers organization–wide mail. Acts as liaison with external vendors for mail delivery.
- Manages postage system. Adds postage for each department and produces postage reports according to schedule and as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements: The incumbent must possess an associate’s degree or equivalent, plus three to five year’s related work experience and two to four year’s managing experience required. The incumbent must demonstrate good interpersonal skills and must demonstrate the ability to comprehend and follow written, as well as verbal instructions, and must be highly motivated, production oriented, and efficient. Additionally, the incumbent must be able to type 40-45 wpm.
The incumbent must possess a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, must be computer literate and possess knowledge of data-entry network systems and must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite programs. The incumbent must also possess the ability to handle telephone calls in a competent and congenial manner, have legible handwriting, demonstrate strong verbal communications skills, tact, and courtesy in all communications and interactions with team, congregants, vendors, and/or visitors.
Work Schedule: The Team Lead, Member & Guests Services shall general work forty (40) hours each week.
Confidentiality: Confidentiality is a condition of employment. Discretion is a condition of employment. At all times, team members are to respect the privacy of information about others. Violation of the Code of Confidentiality can result in immediate termination of employment.
Working Conditions: This position works in a clean, well-lighted area. This position is not susceptible to job hazards; however, due to the routine operation/use of computers, normal rest breaks may be required. Additionally, this position does not require any unusual or excessive physical exertion.
Trinity United Church of Christ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?