Student Housing Operations Intern - Edwardsville, IL
Trinity Property Consultants
- Posted: over a month ago
Since 1999, we’ve been shaping community environments and refining living spaces with one thing in mind—our resident's satisfaction. That’s why our three brands, Social Student Spaces, ReNew Apartment Communities and Arrive Luxury Communities, address every stage of life.
We also have resident programs that highlight a level of commitment and care you just don’t find every day. Through RENTsparency, Smart Apartment, Green Team and Together, we make sure transparency, customer service, technology, and more are always front and center.
Our greatest asset at Trinity Property Consultants is our team of key management professionals. We recruit the most experienced and talented associates within each local market. By providing state-of-the-art systems, training, and advancement opportunities, we empower each team member to develop stronger management and customer service skills to exceed the expectations of our residents and investors.
From student housing to luxury living to everything in between, we deliver a comfortable living environment that you’re proud to call home.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking interns with an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude to work with our Social Student Spaces management teams nationwide. Advance your career knowledge in the ever-growing multifamily industry with an organization that is committed to exceptional customer service and guided by our values.
Under the direct supervision of the assigned mentor, each Intern will work side by side with our team of professionals to create a thriving and captivating living experience for renters across the nation.
The Student Housing Operations Internship will provide an opportunity for the Intern to experience Student Housing and all of its facets, including Marketing, Property Operations, and Facilities Management.
We are looking for Interns with a great attitude, who are team-players, that will embody their university, and relate well to potential residents at their respective property.
- Serve as a property ambassador and leasing agent to provide exceptional service for our students/residents and prospects
- Provide superior customer service via phone, email, and in-person communication
- Provide support in social media initiatives and prospect outreach
- Conduct unit walks and property condition assessments
- Guide prospects through all phases of the leasing/prospect journey
- Assist in market survey and data comparison analyses
- Help with the creation and use of promotional material
- Post about our communities and resident services online (e.g. social media and forums)
- Additional tasks to be assigned by Manager
Skills include an excellent ability to address the needs of community members, prospects, and vendors. Other essential skills include but are not limited to:
- Positive attitude
- Hard-worker, willing to be flexible based on the needs of the property
- Sales mentality with the ability to influence others
- Ability to handle high stress situations effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize wisely
- Customer service orientation
- Have an interest in Student Housing, Property Management, and/or Business
- Intermediate computer and internet knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
Learning and Development:
- Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth through the Fowler Internship Program
- Must be currently enrolled in a four-year university, community college, or trade school
- Marketing, Real Estate, or Business Degree preferred but not required
- Ability to fluently read and write English, accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions, and use all on-site resident management software functions
- Preferred one-year experience in a sales or customer service role
- The team member will be regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and reach using feet, legs, back, arms, and hands. The team member may occasionally be required to climb. The team member will be required to work at a personal computer and talk on the phone for extended periods of time. Must possess the ability to detect auditory and/or visual alarms and be available to work extended/flexible hours and weekends as needed. Must be willing to assist with light labor, such as, but not limited to walking units, painting and putting furniture together.
- This is a full-time position and may require the availability to work some nights, weekends, and occasional holidays. Regular attendance and active participation/planning at company functions and events is also required.
- Must be willing to work weekends
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
What can we offer you?
- Exposure to all facets of Student Housing Property Management
- Assigned Corporate and Regional Mentor
- Feedback provided for learning and growth opportunities
- This Internship opportunity could lead to an additional potential future Internship with us
- Opportunity to potentially stay on as part-time employee after Internship (during school year)
- Paid Internship with opportunity to earn leasing bonuses
To find out more about our Internship, please visit: https://www.trinity-pm.com/internship-program
At Trinity, we prioritize the health of our residents and employees. Due to COVID-19, for health and safety purposes, we have implemented an Emergency Preparedness Committee and have been adhering to all CDC, NMHC, and NAA preparedness recommendations on a local and national level. For more information, visit https://youtu.be/l1fAgr15MUQ.
Trinity Property Consultants
BusinessView all jobs at Trinity Property Consultants
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?