Functions as a member of a treatment team to provide safe and therapeutic structure, supervision and compassionate care to clients/patients in a treatment program, in order to create and maintain a therapeutic environment. Provides clinical services to clients/patients to help their level of functioning.
****PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:****
- Works in cooperation with a treatment team in providing a consistently safe and therapeutic structure in which clients/patients are given the opportunity to progress through treatment.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of each client/patient treatment plan and continuously enhances treatment based on communication with family, outside agencies and the treatment team.
- Promotes teamwork among all team members in order to facilitate therapeutic treatment of clients/patients and their families.
- Attends and actively participates in all relevant meetings, training and in-services designated by supervisor, in order to grow professionally and enhance the quality of effectiveness of the education/treatment team.
- Age-Specific Care: Provide age-specific care related to clients'/patients' unique physical and psychosocial needs. Check Appropriate areas:
- Facilitates therapeutic, psychosocial, and educational groups.
- Assists Nursing with activities of daily living, needs of patients and vital signs.
- Assists the Nurse in maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment for staff, families and patients.
- Provides orientation to all clients/patients regarding program rules, patient rights and Federal and State Confidentiality regulations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; B.A/B.S. in related field preferred.
****REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:****
- Minimally requires a High School Diploma and two (2) years in related field (i.e. - Psych, Detox, Substance Abuse, Human Services/Residential) or;
- Bachelors Degree in related field with six (6) months experience necessary.
- Six months to one year experience in related field (i.e. - Psych, Detox, Substance Abuse, Human Services/Residential, Special Education, etc.).
- License: If required to drive the hospital van, a valid driver's license for type of vehicle being used. Must be 21 years of age and present documentation from the DMV of an acceptable driving record as outlined in the facilities Vehicle Safety Policy. Also, CPR and CPI certification mandatory.
- Background Check: Requires successful completion of CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) check as outlined by the Organization, Executive Office of Health and Human Services, Department of Mental Health and/or Department of Public Health guidelines.
- Requires considerable physical effort such as sports involvement with clients/patients and/or physical restraints, frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping or reaching and/or occasional lifting (up to 50 lbs.). Periodic eye/ear strain (less than 50% of the time).
Frequent exposure to unpleasant conditions and/or activities with clients/patients, such as physical activities or restraints that could cause injury, inconvenience or discomfort, and/or frequent exposure to occupational hazards or contagious disease which requires routine precautions.
Nature of work may cause irregularity in scheduled hours due to holidays, weekend rotations, covering double shifts, overtime and may cause occasional stress and demands on home and/or social life.
- Reports to Nurse Manager/Program Manager.
- Has no responsibility for the direct supervision of any other employees.
Job Number: 00141156
Location: Holyoke, MA
Organization Name: Trinity Health Of New England
Facility: SPMA - Providence
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Evening Shift