The primary purpose of this job position is to supervise the activities of the department and prepare food in accordance with current applicable
federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Manager.
As Cook Supervisor you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Coordinates meal production and service through direction of employees to meet set meal schedules
- Assure compliance with state and federal regulations in food preparation and service. Follows menus for regular and therapeutic diets.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to the Manager.
- Coordinate service with other departments as necessary.
- Assist in establishing food service production line, etc., to assure that meals are prepared on time. Process diet changes and new diets as received from Nursing Services
- Responsible for staffing needs during shifts.
- Trains employees on-the-job in proper techniques and procedures to meet departmental needs.
- Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance. Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
- Assist in food preparation for special meals, for parties, etc.
- Assist/direct daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times.
- Ensure food supplies for the next meal are readily available. Assist in inventorying and storing in-coming food, supplies, etc, as necessary.
Job Number: 00176043
Location: South Bend, IN
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: TSLC - Sanctuary at St Paul's
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift