At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
Saint Alphonsus Medical Center in Ontario, OR is looking to hire a Protection Officer to join our Security team.
As a Protection Officer you will respond to all disturbances and requests for help in all areas of the medical center. You will assist with maintaining a quiet and safe environment and act as safeguard for all property belonging to the medical center, patients, visitors, physicians, and employees.
About Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Ontario:The Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Ontario is a 49-bed, acute care, not-for-profit hospital, serving Ontario and the surrounding communities in eastern Oregon and southwestern Idaho. We are committed to providing patients the best in care, from qualified and caring staff in an environment that is comfortable and secure. At Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Ontario, we not only provide quality care but feel it is equally important to contribute to the well-being of the community through health education, outreach programs, preventive and routine screenings, health fairs, seminars, community partnership, and more.
About this Position: This position will be working strictly at our medical center in Ontario, OR. You will be expected to maintain a high level of professionalism, have excellent customer service skills, and be a resource for all persons. We are looking someone who is a self-starter, has attention to detail, and can build relationships with patients and colleagues.
- Maintains a secured environment in disasters, fires and/or bomb threats.
- Confronts strangers and either directs them to the proper area or escorts them off the medical center campus.
- Conducts package inspection and checks property leaving the facility for proper authorization.
- Reports vulnerable situations, hazards, and/or equipment malfunctions to the proper department or persons for corrective action.
- Previous security or military experience preferred
- American Heart Association HeartSaver AED or HeartSaver First Aid CPR AED Adult/Child/Infant certification required.
- Private Security Certification in the State of Oregon required for Officers assigned to SAMC Ontario and SAMC Baker City.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Visit www.saintalphonsus.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Alphonsus Health System.
Visit Saint Alphonsus on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter!
Job Number: 00162856
Location: Ontario, OR
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS Ontario Campus
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift