St. Joseph of the Pines is proud to serve the older adults of the North Carolina Sandhills with a broad range of lifestyle and health choices for seniors. We offer a full aging service network with life plan communities, health care and home- and community-based services for older adults, as well as community outreach to those in need, that is unrivaled in the beautiful Sandhills region of North Carolina.
St. Joseph of the Pines is currently seeking a Director of Assisted Living for The Coventry, our assisted living facility. Under the direction of the Administrator, in cooperation and collaboration with the Assisted Living Team, the Director of Assisted Living will provide clinical management and leadership to assist the resident in maintaining the highest level of independence possible. Direct the overall management of the Assisted Living Unit of SJP in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Administrator.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Establish and/or maintain departmental procedures that support the necessary operational functions for the Assisted Living Facility
* Maintain department budget, place orders for equipment and supplies as necessary.
* Determine departmental staffing requirements and assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of personnel for the department.
* Monitor department work hours (including vacation and holiday schedules), personnel (if applicable), work assignments, etc., to ensure proper workflow and adequate staffing levels in compliance with state minimum regulations and sanctuary budgeted PPD hours.
* Evaluate, develop, mentor, coach, counsel and discipline department staff. Supports community personnel from other departments through coaching and mentoring to help achieve optimum standard of excellence. Addresses issues of concern through courageous conversation and notifies department manager of any interactions requiring attention.
* Participate in community surveys and when necessary develop a plan of correction for department deficiencies.
* Complete pre admission assessments on all perspective residents to determine appropriate placement. Initiates clinical baseline resident profile upon admission, completes resident and family interviews, physician diagnosis, medications, laboratory reports, and other patient information.
* Direct and oversee care delivery of residents. Monitors acuity level of all residents to assure appropriate continued stay on Assisted Living. Provides clinical guidance to non-licensed personnel in implementing interventions and required follow-up.
* Responds to emergency situations, gathers data pertinent to emergencies, takes appropriate action, and notifies appropriate parties. Ensures that all personnel participate in fire safety and disaster preparedness drills and follows establish infection control procedures.
* Directs, manages and monitors incident reporting to assure complete documentation of occurrences. Analyzes data and develops appropriate action plans, identifies trends, patterns and outcomes. Provides these plans and trends to various committees attended.
* Develop, implement and maintain an effective orientation program that orients the new associate to the community, its policies and procedures, and to his/her job position and duties.
* Review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make a written/oral report to the Administrator/Executive Director indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance.
* Serves as participant in "on-call" rotation for Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Units as assigned.
* Directs, manages and performs new hire 2 step TB test process and/or chest x-ray process.
* May be asked to transport residents in a company vehicle to and from appointments, shopping, etc.
* Make referral to physician for agency needs, such as home care, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
* Must function independently, make independent decisions, demonstrate flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with residents and personnel.
* Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the community policies and procedures.
* Maintain a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health Senior Communities Corporate Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
Education and Experience:
* Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved RN/LPN program.
* Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
* Knowledgeable of regulations and guidelines for assisted living.
* Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred.
* Supervisory experience preferred.
* Must lead by example and possess superior customer service skills and professionalism.
* Flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer driven environment.
* Interpersonal skills to drive collaboration, commitment and productivity when working with cross-functional teams, customers and end users.
* Self-starter, highly motivated with high energy level.
* Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
* Basic to intermediate proficiency with Microsoft product suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.); basic knowledge and experience with electronic mail and calendaring system in PC LAN environment. Ability to type with speed and accuracy.
* Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and independent decision making abilities with the skills to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the organization.
*We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
*This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.*
*Job Number:* 00161637
*Location:* Southern Pines, NC
*Organization Name:* Trinity Health Senior Communities
*Facility:* TSLC - Coventry
*Employment Type:* Full time