Trinity Furniture Logistics is currently looking for experienced and dependable Class A CDL - Local Truck Driver/Loader to join our team! You'll be responsible for safely and efficiently driving a large commercial vehicle long distances for extended hours to deliver cargo some weeks and to load cargo locally other weeks, dependent on need. We are a small, family owned business that is centered around our Biblical beliefs on how we are to live and do business.
- Practice safe, long-distance driving habits.
- Follow all state and national large truck safety regulations and standards.
- Driver must be organized and able to deal with customers & builders in a professional manner.
- Inspect truck daily for damage or maintenance problems (tire wear, dents, etc.)
- Report any accidents or vehicle issues encountered while driving to supervisors
- Maintain vehicle equipment; clean windows, windshields, and mirrors as needed; keep interior of vehicle clean of debris and clutter
- Supervise loading and unloading of cargo off truck; ensure cargo is secured; maneuver truck and cargo into a variety of parking spaces and loading docks
- Valid and current Class A CDL
- High school diploma or GED equivalent certification
- 2+ years experience. Driver must be able to assist loading and unloading heavy furniture.
- Physically fit and able to sit for long time periods, perform truck maintenance, and lift 75 pounds comfortably
- Must have a clean driving record with no recent moving violations
- Proficient at driving, maneuvering, and parking large vehicles
- Candidate should be dependable, hardworking and an effective communicator
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills required
- Our goal is to keep our drivers home 2-3 days on the weekends to spend time with their families.
- The successful candidate will be flexible with being local some weeks and doing OTR runs some weeks depending on the needs of the company
- Flexibility and a great, willing attitude is KEY to success in this position
- We have 3 weeks off per year, the week of July 4th, the week of Christmas and the week of New Years
- Pay is based on Experience/Qualifications with average yearly income between $45K-$70K