TECHNICIAN LEVEL II | Tulsa, OK
$17-$20 per hour DOE
Developing experience in the field of data and telecommunications.
Able to communicate with customers professionally.
Demonstrate time management skills on the job.
This is in addition to requirements outlined in Technician Level I description
- Completed Technician Level I, or equivalent experience.
- Teach and Demonstrate proper installation techniques.
- Ability to order material as needed for job.
- Direct the Technician Level I employees with the supervision of the Job Foreman.
- Able to solve minor problems on the job.
- Able to read and understand blueprints.
- Able to install various kinds of cabling per specifications and standards.
- Install, terminate, test and label cabling.
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Report to the office or job site on time.
- Ability to work alone, and in a team environment.
- Acquire and maintain tools as specified in the Level II Tool List.
- Able to understand the symbols drawn on blueprints in order to install cable outlets in the correct locations.
- Capable of proper installation of field connections and/or splices and use of test equipment.
- Capable of terminating cables on all types of panels, jacks, and blocks.
- Able to label cabling logically and/or per customer specifications.
- Has the foresight to solve potential problems before they happen.
- Able to logically solve problems when problems arise on the job.
- Uses time on projects wisely in order to complete jobs within the allotted time frame.
- Arrive ready to work at the location designated by the supervisor. If late or unable to come to work, advise the Operations Manager before the scheduled start time. Then contact your project lead.
- Company shirts are issued to each technician and worn daily. Pants must be presentable with no holes or frayed spots. Be clean shaven or have neatly groomed facial hair. Hair must be neatly groomed.
- Use all tools safely and correctly.
- OSHA SAFETY STANDARDS ARE TO BE FOLLOWED AT ALL TIMES.
- Company ID Badges must be worn at all times (unless there is a specific exception), check in/out with customers Read, understand, and follow the company policies and procedures.
- Install cable per specifications and procedures. Install various types of cable such as voice/data cable, fiber optic cable, cable TV, etc. in ceiling, conduit, ducts, ditches, etc, according to supervisor’s instructions.
- Use all tools safely and correctly.
- Tool checks will be conducted every 90 days by Job Foreman, Project Manager or Operations Manager
- Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Operations Manager Report to your Job Foreman each morning at the job site ready to work
- Bring all tools with you each day
- Check company tools in and out from the Job Forman each day
- Must have proper boots, safety glasses and hard hat (glasses/hard hat provided by company-one time issuance)
- Must be prepared for all work environments (including: have coat, gloves, boot, coveralls)
Specific Job Skills
- Strength and dexterity required for general use of tools
- Able and willing to take direction and learn new skills
- Able to lift 80 pounds
- No fear of heights (man-lifts, ladders)
- Ability to climb (ladders)
- Must be able to see in full color (not color blind)
- Able to maneuver in attics and crawl spaces
- Sign all work, act professionally, and take pride in all work performed.
- Evaluate the attitude of the customer and inform appropriate company personnel when needed.
- Able to route cables properly through ceilings, from floor to floor, through conduit, in between walls (all drop), and route with or without molding or wall coverings, exterior exposed cables.
- Able to perform various connections including: tie wrapping, clamping, Mollie bolts, and other hardware used by company.
- Perform identification and labeling of cables per Lynxsystems and project specifications.
- Able to cut or drill the correct size holes in walls and modular furniture and install hole sealants.
- Able to maneuver in attics and crawl spaces.
- Able to distinguish between various types of cabling e.g.,
* PVC (CM)
* Plenum (CMP)
* Air core
* Stranded or solid conductor
* Fiber from copper
* IBM types
* Power (electrical)
* Fiber-single mode from multimode
* Fiber connector types SC, ST, LC
Able to distinguish various sizes of cabling e.g.,
* 2,4,6,8,25,50,100 etc. pair telephone or data cable
* RG types: 6,11,58,59
Terminate the following types of connectors:
* Jack installation (all types e.g. Panduit, Systimax, Leviton Siemons, Ortronics, flush, surface, etc.)
* All DB type connectors: (DB25, DB9, etc)
* Impact tool (punch-down tool, 66 blocks, 110, System D, etc.)
* ”F” type connectors
* Scotch locks
* Modular plugs
* Amphenol type
* Screw terminal type (terminal plugs)
* Lightning protection
* Entrance and burial closures
* Single mode & multimode fiber with a light source & power meter
* Test fiber with OTDR
* Perform and document proper testing on cabling and devices including: resistance to ground, continuity, length, loss, and polarity.
Company Training-Manufacturer Certification
*Others as needed
Trinity has been awarded by the Journal Record as one of Tulsa’s Fast 40 and recognized as one of Inc. Magazine’s fastest growing companies in America.
Trinity Employment Specialists offers a variety of customized hiring solutions including Contract, Contract-to-Hire, Direct Hire, and Executive placement. Serving Tulsa and it's surrounding areas, Trinity is 100% focused on exceeding the expectations of our employers and our employees.
Trinity Employment Specialists is an equal opportunity employer. For questions or concerns, please contact us at (918) 622-2588.
Trinity Employment Specialists
Why Work Here?Trinity Employment Specialists is a specialized medical, professional and industrial recruiting firm that focuses on collaborating with companies of integrity and offering human resources and recruiting services. Trinity has been awarded by the Journal Record as one of Tulsa’s Fast 40 and recognized as one of Inc. Magazine’s fastest growing companies in America. Trinity Employment Specialists offers a variety of customized hiring solutions including Contract, Contract-to-Hire, Direct Hire, and Executive placement. Serving Tulsa and it's surrounding areas, Trinity is 100% focused on exceeding the expectations of our employers and our employees. Trinity Employment Specialists is an equal opportunity employer. For questions or concerns, please contact us at (918) 622-2588.
Trinity Focus' on Collaborating with Companies of Integrity