Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Seeking the ideal candidate for a Shipping & Receiving Logistic Specialist. Duties include the ability to execute Inventory Control and Shipping Software and perform light physical tasks involved in shipping small components, receiving incoming shipments, inventory management, and invoicing in an environmentally controlled warehouse. The company culture is to provide best in class service while delivering innovative solutions through a team of long tenure automation sales engineers and support staff.
- Receive incoming shipments and compare items to work orders provided by the supervisor
- Count items to ensure that the correct number has been received
- Determine storage areas for incoming shipments and allocate appropriate space within the warehouse
- Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas and supervise storage activities
- Look through work orders to determine order picking activities and pick orders according to the specific instructions provided
- Match order information in order cards with information on picked items to ensure conformity
- Ascertain the quality and quantity of picked items and ensure that they are safely delivered to the delivery pallet
- Record damaged or defective items and replace them according to company policies
- Ascertain that all incoming and outgoing shipments are properly labeled and that correlating documents are available with each shipment
- Compare the amount and identification numbers of goods against orders
- Maintain files of shipping records
- Trace the missing or lost shipments
- Attach identifying information and delivery instructions on containers
- Organize records of goods shipped
Other Essential Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Office.
- ERP (SAGE/MAS) software experience preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work well within a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- 2-3 years Shipping / Receiving Experience