Certified Medical Assistant | Tulsa, OK
We are seeking Medical Assistant for several different clinics!
M-F 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
• Perform general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
• Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider.
• Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
• May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
• Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
• May perform routine tests including but not limited to EKG’s.
• Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
• Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
• Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
• Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, MA Lead or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
• RMA/CMA Certification
• Valid CPR Certification
• Previous experience in healthcare administration or other related fields
• Familiarity with electronic medical records
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Outstanding computer and typing skills