Field Technician / Testing Professional
Trinity | ERD, a premier building envelope consulting firm, seeks an experienced Field Technician/Testing Professional. Our work is a mixture of building envelope, waterproofing consulting, existing building evaluations, design of repairs, and litigation support. We focus on the science of construction materials. We have a fast-paced work environment with opportunities for advancement and education.
We are seeking a self-motivated professional with general understanding of construction methods, building materials, construction documents, and building codes and regulations. Our most successful candidates excel at working independently as well as part of a team, and maintain the most professional of relationships with co-workers, clients and contractors.
Day to Day Responsibilities Include:
· On-site project observations to monitor and verify installers’ adherence to design details and published manufacturer's installation recommendations.
· On-site observations for detailed forensic investigation, testing, and analysis of failed or defective construction.
· Climbing ladders, stairs or scaffolding and working upon swing stages to perform visual inspections of existing conditions and current installations.
· Accurately documenting and photographing observations, and preparing field notes on site and in the office.
· Producing reports with observational data and research compiled thoroughly and succinctly to be written directly following investigations and site visits.
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience is required. A degree in architecture, engineering, construction management or related field a plus. Use of moisture meters, probes, calipers and other handheld tools is required for this position. Experience with infrared photography, wind uplift chamber testing, air barrier testing and window testing not required, but a plus. Testing will be included in further education if not currently known. A valid driver’s license is required, and you must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
We offer a competitive benefits package including full medical, dental, vision, 401k, profit sharing, vacation and sick leave, short- and long-term disability benefits, life insurance, and paid holidays.