Caregiver in Mat-Su
Trinion Quality Care Services Wasilla, AK
- Posted: over a month ago
Help set the standard of care! We have several shifts open in the Mat-Su Valley.
Looking for professional and reliable caregivers with experience working with physical and intellectual disabilities. Great compensation and benefits!
Must have dependable transportation, be punctual, and reliable. Must be willing to work with different cultures and genders.
Caregiver applicants must meet eligibility requirements (see below).
Must be able to meet basic requirements based on State of Alaska regulations and Trinion's standards.
- Pass a federal/state background check.
- Provide copy of High School Diploma or GED or proven ability to document clients care.
- First Aid/CPR certification from SDS accepted provider - we can assist you to obtain or renew.
- Ability to communicate in English with agency and client, both verbally and in writing.
- If able to drive, provide a valid Alaska driver's license and proof of auto insurance and registration.
Make a difference - work with Trinion! We value quality caregiving and specialize in matching well-trained, compassionate caregivers to people who need some help with the day to day tasks that are part of living at home and in our community. Also may include habilitation tasks out in the community, working alongside individuals on their service goals and objectives.
Tasks are based on a Care Plan and can include:
- Provide physical support in daily movements and/or range of motion exercises.
- Assist with eating and meal planning, prep and clean up; dressing and bathing/hygiene and more.
- Provide manual transfer assistance.
- Light to heavy household cleaning and laundry.
- Assists with medication reminders (self-administered medications only).
- Transports and accompanies clients to medical offices and other destinations.
- Completes required written reports (including weekly case notes, timekeeping documentation, etc.
Other responsibilities can include:
- Provide emotional support and ability to effectively handle aggressive behavior, and/or specific needs based on individuals' situation (i.e. Alzheimer's).
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to make good judgment in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Prefer caregivers willing to work flexible hours including weekends and/or overnight.