• The Quality Assurance Tech is responsible for ensuring compliance with quality standards to ensure maximum quality products.
• Ensure the quality control programs related to food packaging are consistently applied and enforced with all products and processes.
• Maintain consistent quality standards on all incoming and outgoing product. Test and inspect product at various stages of the production process to ensure these standards are met.
• Communicates variations in Food Safety standards to the Plant Manager as they occur.
• Direct and perform product grade sampling for all incoming bulk product; maintain sample levels as required.
• Monitor and complete necessary documentation with grade and lot information.
• Monitor quality alerts and respond to requests for information regarding customer complaints.
• Ability to act as SQF (Safe Quality Food) Practitioner, ensuring food packaging safety, food defense and quality standards are documented and followed.
• Coordinate activities with other QC Technicians to ensure product inspection guidelines are met.
• Maintain and enforce a safe, clean working environment per SQF.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
• High School Diploma or GED required, College degree in related field preferred
• 3-5 years quality control experience in a manufacturing environment required, preferably in the food industry
• Experience with compliance programs such as SQF, HACCP/HARPC preferred
• Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills.
• Must display positive attitude.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Effectively manage time and delegate responsibilities as needed
• Willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Ability to evaluate situations and make decisions with little or no guidance
• Proficient in MS Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Frequently (more than 75% of time) required to: stand and/or walk, use ladders and climb stairs, bend and stoop, reach, push/pull, kneel and crouch. Lift, carry and/or move items up to 30 pounds, without assistance; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, to verbally communicate, write, and to hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Frequently exposed to a non-climate controlled environment.
• Frequently (more than 75% of time) exposed to dust and loud noise.
• Frequently (more than 75% of time) exposed to machinery and mechanical, moving parts.
• Occasional (less than 25% of the time) moving items up to 50 lbs
• Personal protective equipment, such as hearing protection, safety glasses, hair net and food safety related items, is required.
Trinidad Benham Corporation
Why Work Here?Trinidad Benham Corporation is a private label, Employee Owned Company established in 1917. Our employees are the heart of our company. Together, our entrepreneurial spirit has led us through a century of growth into our next hundred years. We process and package beans, rice, and food contact materials. Our customers include major grocery chains and food service companies throughout the US. We are respected around the world for integrity, category expertise, dedication to quality, and superior customer service.
Employee owned company!