Trinidad Benham Corporation is seeking a full-time Operations Analyst with at least 2 years of experience to help automate our manufacturing processes from an IT perspective. Candidate must have a strong technical aptitude to understand our complex software applications and databases. The ideal candidate will also have great communication skills to work with our business users and executive management to develop requirements for data analytics and system integration. Candidate must be a self-starter, fast learner and have the ability to think through complex problems.
- Support the Operations Leadership team in the execution of long- and short-range strategic projects
- Support plant managers and operations leadership to facilitate continuous improvement
- Work with plant operations management to develop manufacturing analytics and reporting
- Work with plant operations management and IT business analysts to automate data entry processes for our ERP systems using PLC data and other techniques
- Propose additional monitoring for manufacturing equipment and coordinate implementation with operations and engineering.
- Map PLC tags to business terms
- Modify PLC programs to gather additional data attributes and improve user interface for plant users.
- Install, configure, and support Inductive Automation Ignition software
- Configure Ignition to gather PLC data using SQL and Python
- Design and create Ignition dashboards and reports using SQL and Python
- Manage projects to successful completion involving operations, IT, and engineering
- Assist with system testing manufacturing integrations
- Train Ignition users
- Train operations personnel using PLCs on new features
- Up to 50% travel to plant locations
- Strong technology acumen and data analytics skillset
- Interest in manufacturing management, process improvement, and general business acumen
- Mechanical acumen, general knowledge of mechanical systems and interest in packaging and plant equipment
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines and manage a heavy workload
- Technical aptitude to understand software applications and databases
- Excellent analytical and data management skills
- Excellent communication skills to work with both business users and management
- Able to manage multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
- Elicit business requirements for small and large integration projects
- Able to manage and negotiate corporate, plant, and IT perspectives on requirements and projects.
- Able to write end-user training documentation
- Able to train users, in person or remotely, using documentation or expert knowledge
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with programming and SQL and Python are highly preferred.
- Strong project management skills that enable the candidate to effectively manage projects involving people from across the organization
- Able to travel up to 50% overall with periods of heavier travel
Bachelor’s degree in operations management, computer science or any type of engineering
- 2-5 years of IT, engineering or manufacturing process experience
Competencies and Interpersonal Skills:
The successful candidate has a high energy level, strong work ethic, and attention to detail. He/she is pragmatic and focused on activities that lead to business results. He/she is collaborative, curious, and flexible.
- Collaborative and supportive style that works well with packaging plant operations leaders
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, and service-oriented.
- Welcomes and accepts personal responsibility.
- Works well as a member of a collaborative team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- A high degree of energy and hands-on personal style.
- The presence to interface effectively with all levels of the company.
- Strategic thinking potential and problem-solving skills.
This position is located at our Denver office and reports to the Vice President of Packaging Operations.
Trinidad Benham Corporation