Senior Engineering Technician
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance
PURPOSE OF JOB: Prototype layout, assembly, test and documentation of electronics, electromechanical and electro-optical medical laser systems. Documents production and prototype builds according to company standard operating procedures. Builds test samples and equipment. Conducts safety and performance testing. Assists in product development and design by suggesting improvements to processes and procedures.
1. Provide support to engineers and other technicians through the layout, build, inspection, test and documentation of assemblies to support complete medical laser systems.
2. Conduct and document component, assembly and system level testing of electrical, electromechanical, and electro-optical assemblies using laboratory and manufacturing equipment.
3. During such, include data collection and proper observation of any test deviations, and assist in generating test reports to meet US FDA design control/quality system requirements.
4. Performing efficient troubleshooting to identify, document and resolve issues in a timely manner.
5. As requested, build and rework prototype and pilot production medical devices electronics, including some through-hole and surface- mount PCB assembly and rework.
6. As directed, fabricate, document and inspect pilot stage manufacturing tools and fixtures.
7. Setup and conduct test protocols and Design of Experiments (DOEs), compile, analyze, and write up data.
8. Maintain accurate documentation of concepts, designs, tests and processes including use of lab notebooks in accordance with company standards.
1. Provide support to R&D engineers by documenting components and modifying component and assembly CAD models as well as detailed drawings using various CAD programs (e.g. Solidworks, Inventor, AutoCAD, etc.)
2. Responsible for ensuring personal compliance with all company regulations, policies and procedures for Regulatory (GMP), Health, Safety, and Environmental compliance.
3. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looking for ways to improve and promote quality.
4. Manage assignments, meet timeliness, report status and complete job requirements with minimal supervision.
5. Performs self-inspections of own work when applicable, and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
6. Other responsibilities as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
1. Minimum 4-6 years electronic technician experience, medical device industry preferred
2. AA degree, military training or equivalent experience in technical discipline desirable.
3. Requires experience in electronics and electromechanical device fabrication and testing, device documentation, cable assembly, and ESD practices, with medical device documentation preferred.
4. Ability to work independently or with others in a team environment with minimal daily supervision.
5. Technical drawing, CAD/CAM skills (Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.) and general computer skills are preferred.
6. Willing to learn ANSI Y14.5M Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances (GD&T) practices and nomenclature.
7. Ability to work well in a fast-paced in-person team environment.
8. Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
9. Good math skills, ability to use spreadsheets and word processors is required.
Trimedyne IncCorona, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.