Trimark Associates is looking for an Entry Level Associate SCADA Engineer to join its growing team! This position will work both independently and with the SCADA Engineer team and project managers. Responsible for integrating real-time Intelligent Electronic Devices (IED’s) and computer systems at electric power generation plants, including utility- scale solar power, wind power, hydro-electric, and natural gas. Typical devices include RTUs, PLCs, SCADA systems, Plant Control Systems, Distributed Control Systems (DCS), electric power meters and meteorological (MET) data loggers. The successful candidate will learn to design, install, configure, program and test SCADA systems.
In this position you will gain a high level understanding of complex SCADA and control systems as you work on end- to-end communications networks to exchange data with a variety of devices. You will learn to specify equipment, present designs for review, prepare complex drawings of systems and interfaces as well as configure, test and troubleshoot equipment. Confident interaction with customers will be necessary.
Successful candidate must be able to work independently and/or with a diverse collaborative team including clients. Responsible to perform other duties as assigned.
· Experience in the areas of computer based data processing and networking is required. This includes working with peripheral equipment such as communications lines and both wired and wireless networking equipment. The candidate should have some experience in troubleshooting and diagnosis of hardware/software problems and electronic equipment installations.
· Basic understanding of SCADA and Control System factory and site acceptance testing and documentation is required. Training on in house and industry standard devices and applications will be provided.
· An understanding of Power Systems is a plus as the candidate will often reference Single/Three Line diagrams, complex metering schemes and AC power theory for Distributed or Transmission grids including typical power and energy related data point knowledge.
· The person in this role will not only work on new systems but will also support and maintain existing installations. Thorough factory and site acceptance testing and documentation is required. Training of applicable in house and industry standard devices and applications will be provided.
· AA Degree from an accredited college/university or technical school required, preferably in Electrical Engineering or Technology
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
· Valid driver’s license required, travel required up to 20% a week
· Ability to work a rotating shift at office location, (1PM-10PM) for service desk issues
· Ability to provide on-call weekend support on a rotating schedule (additional compensation provided)
· Basic knowledge of Serial and Ethernet communications is a preferred
· AutoCAD experience a plus.
· Knowledge of DNP3, Modbus, and OPC protocols, and similar control system network protocols desirable.
· Excellent verbal and written skills required. Must be detail oriented.
Visit our web site at www.TrimarkAssoc.com