Senior Database Administrator
- Posted: over a month ago
About the Project
Trilogy Innovations is seeking a Senior Database Administrator to remotely support our federal customer in Bridgeport, WV. This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team, while taking part in a multi-year initiative to modernize our customer's large-scale IT systems, including cloud migrations and enhancements.
- Secret Clearance is required (US CITIZENS)
- Location: Quantico, VA | Onsite 100%
- Full-time (W2)
- Benefits: Health, vision/dental, life/disability, 401(k) + match
- Perks: 100% coverage of professional development, phone/internet reimbursements & bonus programs
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Secret Security Clearance (minimum requirement)
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science or related field)
- Experience as a Database Administrator
- Experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS) back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL)
- Experience participating in Kanban team(s) using SAFe methodology
- Experience with cloud technologies and products such as; AWS GovCloud
- Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL). Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Database performance tuning, database upgrades, and database patching to all COTS database products.
- Database script writing, database storage management, database interfaces, external application database interfaces, and other systems database interfacing.
- Provides general operating system and application administration.
- Provides support from the hardware level through to the applications running to support a service.
- Performance tuning, hardware replacement, firmware upgrades, and patching to all COTS software products, including operating systems.
- Script writing, data storage management, network interfaces, external peripheral interfaces, and others systems interfacing
Why work for Trilogy Innovations?
- Professional Development Programs for all employees
- Up to $150/month towards your phone and internet services per month
- Referral Bonus Programs (Employees & Business Development)
- 401(k) with company match
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance; life/disability insurance coverage
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
Trilogy Innovations, Inc. is a minority-owned (8a) and HUBZone certified systems and software engineering company that delivers superior technical solutions across private and public sectors. Since 2010, our talented personnel have successfully provided Innovative IT solutions across government agencies such as the FBI, U.S. Air Force, NASA, Department of Education, Department of Energy, U.S. Coast Guard, SOCOM, and private industries in Oil & Gas, and Land Management Services.
Trilogy Innovations, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Trilogy Innovations Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Trilogy Innovations Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?