Trillium Farms is among Ohio's largest egg farms, with farms in Croton, Marseilles and Mt. Victory, Ohio. Our fully-integrated operations raise chicks, young hens, hens for breeding and laying hens. To ensure our eggs are fresh, safe, and wholesome when they reach our customers, we produce and process more than 2 billion eggs right on our farms. Our farms are committed to providing the best care for our flocks. We believe in responsibly operating our farms to help protect the environment, being good neighbors in our communities, and producing the safest, highest-quality eggs for our consumers.
We offer competitive wages, a compensation program with excellent benefits, including 401K, health, dental, Short Term Disability, and life insurance.
This position maintains, operates, and monitors center pivots used for land application of water from egg grading plants in Croton, OH. The position also performs all pest control monitoring activities for the grading plants and feed mill located in Croton, OH. This position works closely with Site Management, the Environmental Compliance Specialist, and the Environmental Compliance Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Operating Center Pivots
- Maintains center pivots
- Routine preventive maintenance
- Winterization of equipment
- Annual calibration
- Operates pivots in compliance with applicable state and federal regulations related to land application of the water.
- Monitors field and weather conditions to ensure proper application.
- Monitors tiles/drainage from pivot fields prior to, during, and post-application activities.
- Records all application activities.
- Performs all duties as assigned.
- Maintains center pivots
- Pest Control-Egg Grading/Feed Mill Operations
- Reports to site management or designee upon entering the premises and after the completion of the inspection and/or treatment.
- Monitors, cleans, maintains, and, when applicable, baits all exterior bait stations and traps.
- Replaces damaged pest control devices as needed.
- Monitors, maintains and, when applicable, replaces all interior traps.
- Monitors non-processing areas of facility for insects.
- Documents all pest control activities
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English to communicate effectively with others.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Able to work in various climate conditions including extreme heat and cold environments, walking, standing, and sitting for long periods of time.
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining center pivot irrigation systems powered by large 3 phase electric motors
- Experience with electric motors controlled to produce constant pressure at changing water volumes
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to work some weekends and holidays as required.
- Currently holds a Pest Control Operator certification (preferred) or willing to work towards completing and maintaining certification with the state of Ohio as a certified Pest Control Operator
This role involves considerable exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, and noises. Individuals are also exposed to irritants, heavy lifting, long hours, and inclement weather.
Travel Required: Minimal
"Trillium Farms" is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, gender, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Powered by JazzHR