Phoenix Formulations is looking to for a positive, professional who is honest, detail oriented, organized, and who takes initiative and pride in their position within the company.
Collaborate with the VP of Finance toward the success in this position. Assist with and manage the day to day accounting functions of the organization including but not limited to:
- Prepare or present various financial accounting reports and key metrics to the top management, making suitable observations and recommendations.
- review financial data to ensure fairness and completeness of the data.
- Develop and maintain proper operational, data documentation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Responsible for oversight and approval of G/L account reconciliations and analysis.
- Assist in the preparation activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, weekly metrics, internal and external monthly financial statements, and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Effectively lead the Accounting team to successfully complete the day to day accounting functions accurately, with honesty, integrity and efficiency.
- Cross train on all functions within Finance to assist/support other staff.
- Participate in a variety of special projects as assigned by VP of Finance.
- Interview, select, hire, train, motivate, evaluate, resolve personnel grievances, or recommend transfers, discharges, or disciplinary measures.Maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data
- Review and update costs.
- Review and explain significant variances and reporting of margins.
- Support management needs for inventory to ensure accuracy while maintaining internal controls.
- As a team, collaborate with Quality manager to track and reduce waste
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions, including those related to safety and food safety.
- Reports to work regularly and on time
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting, finance, or analytical support position; CPA preferred.
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- Strong managerial skills
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and banking working knowledge, in accordance with good business ethics and compliance
- Language Skills – Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Computer Skills – Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, especially in Excel, Accounting Software, Inventory Software, or other business related software.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2-5 years of experience in manufacturing environment. A background in Public Accounting would be an asset.
- Knowledge of ERP configuration, manufacturing processes and systems, technical/professional competence and quality
- Ability to demonstrate time management skills, initiative, flexibility, and innovation
- Skilled in planning, organizing, monitoring, prioritization, time management, the ability to follow through, and building interpersonal relationships
- Ability to multitask and maintain composure and accuracy while interacting with vendors, customers, and employees in a professional manner