The Front End Developer is responsible for designing, programming, and maintaining all aspects of the project’s front-end, user-facing components including website interactivity components, visualizations, data intake, browser compatibility, accessibility, and other elements of website and applications that users engage with.
The Front End Developer has a deep understanding of responsive design principles (mobile-first development); test-driven development; development for accessibility, usability, and design; agile development practices; and estimating time required for projects. A successful candidate for this position will have strong competency in working collaboratively with small, diverse teams, working against tight deadlines, time management and tracking, attention to detail, and a growth mindset.
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without Reasonable Accommodation.
- Plan and execute web accessibility features to WCAG and 508 accessibility standards
- Collaborate with clients and graphic design team to plan and execute design standards
- Consistently understand and follow details of design from the design team
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Effectively collaborate with team members/stakeholders
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on design prototypes, usability best practices, etc.
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Use a combination of programming languages to write web pages
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay current on emerging technologies that pertain to job duties
- Consistently promote usability best practices
- Ensure products are mobile-friendly
Must be able to perform all Additional Responsibilities functions with or without Reasonable Accommodation
- Create instructional design assets (SCORM packages, Articulate or similar) according to design specifications.
- Frequently apply general math skills
- Ability to adjust the schedule as needed to accommodate project deadlines
- Maintain consistent excellent attention to detail
- Maintain consistent excellent time management skills
- Consistently meet deadlines as assigned
- Learn, understand and demonstrate familiarity with quality standards
- Ability to consistently represent the company professionally
- Learn, understand and consistently follow company policies
Skills and Qualifications:
3 years or more professional front end development experience
Required skills and qualifications:
- Modern CSS
- Browser technology and quirks (Chrome, Safari, IE)
- Build Tools (Make, NPM Scripts)
- Asset Bundlers (WebPack, Browserify)
- Front End Frameworks (React or similar)
- Testing Frameworks (Mocha)
- Git and GitHub
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Remote working and communication tools (GoToMeeting, Slack, Asana)
- Adobe Creative Suite
Familiarity with the following tools:
- Virtual Machines (Virtual Box)
- HTML Preprocessors (PUG, EJS)
- CSS Methodologies (BEM, SMACSS, OOCSS)
- CSS Preprocessors (LESS, SCSS, PostCSS)
- Ubuntu Server
- PHP (WordPress)
Skill/Familiarity with the following tools is not necessary, but preferred:
- AWS (S3, EC2, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, etc)
- Learning Management Systems (Litmos, Canvas)
- Learning Record Stores (Learning Locker)
- Video Streaming (Shaka)
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently maintain a stationary position for extended periods
- Frequently communicate with coworkers, supervisors, clients
- Frequently operate and use a computer and associated peripheral equipment
- Able to use computer monitors for extended periods
- Regular, predictable attendance of hours assigned is required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Frequent interruptions, distractions.
- Open workstations in the communal work area
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Why Work Here?Trifoia builds learning solutions that are truly human-centered, grounded in science, and brought to life by compelling design. We empathize with learners, zero in on understanding their goals and needs, and tailor solutions that deliver engaging learning experiences.
Great benefits, cutting edge work, and friendly people.