Analysis/Modeling & Simulations Systems Engineer (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
Trident Technologies, LLC has an immediate need for a talented and motivated Systems Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, AL.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- The candidate will apply expertise in engineering/physics to perform systems performance analysis on the GMD system and must be able to assess and dig through data to problem solve and understand why the system performs the way it does through an understanding of the data and underlying concepts.
- The candidate will help train and mentor other engineers in conducting performance analysis
- The candidate will use simulations of the GMD system to characterize performance and assess technical performance measures that are derived from simulation output.
- Candidate will need to present and explain results to other engineering teams and managers in a clear and concise manner. The candidate should have strong technical verbal and written communication skills.
The Systems Engineer will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and 5+ years of relevant experience or Master's Degree in a technical field and 3+ years of relevant experience or PhD with studies in a technical field
- Experience in using monte carlo simulations to produce performance data
- Modeling and/or assessing performance data for a missile defense system or relevant equivalent
- Writing software scripts and tools to automate processes such as quality control checks, data formatting, and managing runs on a blade server cluster
- Bachelor's or Advanced degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics
- Basic understanding of common missile defense concepts such as system and source tracks, application of radars to tracking, covariance and error, defended area, and the kill chain concept of operations. Also, demonstrated ability to apply these concepts to assess performance of a missile defense system or component.
- Experience working in a missile defense program (GMD, Aegis BMD, THAAD, etc)
- Experience in leveraging aerospace concepts to develop software scripts
- Ability to write scripts in Matlab and/or Python
Vaccination is a requirement of the position per Executive Order 14042. If a candidate is not vaccinated, they may request an accommodation once offered the position. The accommodation must be granted prior to the employee starting in the position. Candidate will have 60 days to get vaccinated.
Must possess an active SECRET clearance.
Trident Technologies is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Trident Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Trident Technologies LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Trident Technologies LLC