Trident Maritime Systems, Pascagoula, MS
- Expired: 29 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Designs interior construction (joiner work) of marine craft and floating structures such as ships, barges, tugs, dredges, and other marine craft by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Designs the layout of joiner work of craft interiors including cargo spaces, passenger compartments, crew quarters, public spaces, staterooms, galleys, and other interior parts of the Vessel as specified by the contract.
• Graphically interprets basic design requirements of joiner work from customer furnished guidance documents
• Review and comment on engineering drawing and other documentation from customers, vendors, and junior staff members.
• Produces detailed material/equipment procurement documents in SAGE MAS 500 to enable purchasing group to place purchase orders in an accurate and timely fashion.
• Analyzes the effect of change on the details of form, fit, function and positional relationships of product. Communicates results of analysis to appropriate parties.
• Coordination with HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical systems and creation of construction or fabrication details for installation of this.
• Plans and completes layouts and details graphic presentations of technical drafting/design work of a complex and specialized nature according to schedule.
• This process requires the interpretation and application of learned engineering principles and determinations, as well as accurate interpretations of customer specifications and scope documents.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of current and new drafting/design techniques, practices, procedures, and applicable processes. AUTOCAD preferred
• Identifies opportunities to reduce costs and recommend strategies to department supervisor. Performs quality checks of work submitted by other design personnel.
This position has certain supervisory responsibilities over other designers as circumstances demand.
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. 2
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to read, analyze, design, and interpret drawings and technical specifications.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
• Strong mathematical ability and ability to interpret and deal with a variety of variables in a fast-paced environment.
• Expertise in design,
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software, specifically excel, word and outlook
• Proficient in (2D) AutoCAD 2008 or later.
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to function and maintain accuracy and efficiency in diverse or highly repetitive tasks
• Ability to function as a team player
• Familiarity with typical marine outfitting regulations such as ABS or USCG
• The ability to interpret and work to a project schedule.
• The ability to interpret and work to a project budget.
• 7+ years of design.
• Marine industry experience.
• 3D Cad software experience
• Degree in Marine Architecture or Engineering.
• Marine Apprentice Experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Trident Maritime Systems,
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Trident Maritime Systems,