Trident Maritime Systems, San Diego, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Trident Planner / Scheduler is responsible for the creation and maintenance of specific program schedules as well as the Integrated Master Schedule of all Trident interrelated resources and projects. Responsibilities include assistance with schedule definition, replanning efforts, maintenance and general support of the program and execution teams throughout the program life cycles.
The resource is expected to understand scheduling best practices and be able to identify and resolve scheduling and planning issues throughout a project’s standard life cycle. An understanding of EVMS principles and integration of KPIs into the scheduling and planning process is desired. The role will need to understand general project structure and ccoordinate the flow of work and materials within or between disciplines based on contractual requirements using the input of functional team leaders (supply chain, engineering, program management, production).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned, including special projects.
- Schedule Definition
- Proposal Assistance – for business development opportunities assist with definition and presentation of high-level project plans and schedules
- Program Schedule Development – assistance with
- Develop work packages of production, labor, materials and supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to determine personnel and materials requirements, and material priorities.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, and engineering.
- Reporting and Maintenance
- Work with project team leaders and management to periodically update, review, and address scheduling issues that are identified
- Help teams with progressing of schedules and replanning efforts if/when needed
- Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials used, and customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
- Support the program office to assess and understand the impacts of schedule change on Trident or downstream dependencies
- Scheduling and Planning Best Practice Definition
- Ability to train or assist other team members with schedule and planning efforts on their projects where the lead planner is not directly involved
- Resource loading and planning to understand feasibility, constraints with current work force, risks, etc.
- Development of standards and best practices for a “typical” contract to follow to help improve consistency project to project
- Development and implementation of templates, training materials, and guidance documents to team members
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An associate degree and/or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers, both in written and oral form.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Oracle – Primavera P6
- Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project.
Additional experience with any of the following software is a plus:
- Ship building background or experience in a similar industry
- Autodesk – DWG TrueView and Navisworks.
- Microsoft Office – Visio
- Any other enterprise scheduling software solutions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud. The employee is occasionally required to lift up-to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include close, distance and peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Trident Maritime Systems,
AddressSan Diego, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Trident Maritime Systems,