TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles and Maintains current and accurate data for all providers.
- Completes provider credentialing applications, monitors applications and follow up as needed.
- Maintains copies of current state licenses, DEA certificates, malpractice coverage and all other required credentialing documents for all providers.
- Sets up and maintain provider information in credentialing database, and online databases (AMA) (NPDB) (FSMB)
Track licenses and certification expirations for all providers to ensure timely renewals.
- Good knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a medical environment.
- Excellent computer keying skills required (prefer minimum of 35 wpm and 10-key by touch).
- Proficient with computers including MS Office products.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet expected deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills and work ethic.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as with minimal guidance.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced high volume environment.
- Experience with credentialing, licensing or privileging for health care professionals extremely beneficial.