Tricon Energy is a rapidly growing commodity trading and distribution firm with over 20 offices internationally and is active in over 100 countries. We add value through our unique advantages in financing, logistics, market intelligence, and risk management for petrochemical, polymer, raw material, and liquid fuel producers and consumers. Annually, Tricon handles over 10 million metric tons of products with cumulative revenues of nearly 10 billion dollars.
Tricon is seeking a Compliance Attorney/Manager who will support the Global Compliance team in the areas of Trade Compliance, including but not limited to: Anti Bribery and Corruption (ABAC), Anti-Boycott and Economic Sanctions (ABES), Anti-Trust, Know Your Counterparty/Customer (KYC), International Trade Compliance, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR); Drug Enforcement Agency reporting (DEA); privacy and record-keeping/record retention (together "Compliance"). Reporting directly to the General Counsel, and working together with a dynamic legal team, the successful candidate will be directly involved in the implementation, development, maintenance and monitoring of Compliance laws, policies, procedures and best practices globally for the Corporate Group. S/he will help coordinate the legal Compliance area, perform internal control testing, documenting and maintaining metrics on policy/procedural breaches and handling Compliance matters and projects for the Corporate Group.
- Oversee and/or assist in all functions related to US and international compliance matters and procedures for the corporate group.
- Understand and ensure compliance for the Corporate Group in relation to compliance laws, regulations, policies and best practices.
- Address internal and external compliance inquiries and resolve compliance questions ethically, quickly and in adherence to policy.
- Draft, negotiate and manage agency and consultancy agreements and ensure compliance with all onboarding procedures, payment and compliance policies pertaining to third parties.
- Negotiate compliance clauses in commercial contract; review commercial agreements for compliance mitigation.
- Oversee KYC screenings, documenting the information obtained on the clients as required by global KYC procedures
- Carry out and manage the Corporate Group's Corporate Social Responsibility policy, making sure the Corporate Group entities and business units are working effectively with all business partners and banks.
- Monitor compliance for third parties including brokers, freight forwarders, agents, providers, reaching out to third parties as needed to address compliance matters or participate in interviews to compile compliance information.
- Work with outside counsel as necessary in areas of compliance.
- Manage compliance with licensing agreements for the Corporate Group.
- Manage the submission of various compliance reports, including DEA forms, anti-boycott reports, among others.
- Answer questions and train in the area of international trade agreement compliance (Certificate of Origin and customs).
- Prepare, carryout and/or monitor Compliance audits.
- Ensure compliance training is carried out effectively working with training providers and systems, identifying training needs and carrying out targeted training in selected compliance areas around the world.
- Be up to date and promptly communicate regulatory changes and relevant international trade issues with senior management and staff to ensure business units are in compliance with all applicable laws.
- Transactional monitoring: review and release of shipments/transactions blocked due to compliance reasons (e.g. Denied Parties, Export Control purposes).
- Review and audit commission transactions to reconcile and ensure accuracy of broker and agency charges and payment of expense internally to ensure compliance with applicable policies.
- Oversee implementation of record keeping and record retention policies and controls.
- Maintain Compliance Guides to employees .
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field, a law degree is preferred
- 5+ years' professional experience in Compliance
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of, and experience implementing, compliance laws and regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong creative problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with ERP and ETRM systems
- Self-motivator with ability to make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills