The Retention Specialist are responsible for managing and ensuring the posting of 3 day notices on any Resident that has not paid rent, contacting all Residents and coaching them to pay any outstanding balances on their account. The Retention Specialist will assist the Portfolio Manager with communication to the residents regarding lease renewals, send resident packages, follow up with residents on their leasing experience, schedule property inspections, and engage with residents on extending their lease. The Retention Specialist will assist the Portfolio Manager(s) in monitoring the posting(s) of all ads both on The Tricon American Homes website and approved third party ancillary marketing websites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Professionally and cheerfully answer resident calls.
- Troubleshoot inquiries and route calls appropriately.
- Check messages and return calls within 1 business day.
Follow up on all Residents that have a balance on their account
- Make calls by utilizing an auto-dialer contact any Resident with any balance (Utilities, Late Fees and Rent) on their account.
- Inform the Residents that all payments will be allocated to the current balance first and then to the rent. Monies received after 15th of month are considered late and will initiate the eviction process.
- Communicate with the Residents and persuade them to pay their late fees.
Posting 3 Days Notice to pay or quit
- Run a report of all Residents that have not paid their rent by the 5th of the month (or 3rd depending on region) and provide to management.
- Review list with Portfolio Manager to verify that all Residents on the list need to receive a notice.
- Generate and post 3 day notices for each late Resident.
- Manage LFR to post 3 day notice if required. (It is important to know the State laws on which States need to be physically posted versus receiving an email.)
Contact late Residents to organize rent payment
- After the 6th day of the month, use an auto-dialer to call all Residents who have not paid rent.
- Communicate with the Residents and persuade them to pay their rent and late fees.
- Report to the Portfolio Manager on the daily status of collections.
Manage Eviction Process
- No later than the 15th day of the month, compile a report of all Residents that have an outstanding balance on their account. (Not including late fees for the current month)
- Review list with Portfolio Manager to verify that an eviction needs to be started on each late Resident.
- Send List of Residents to the Eviction Coordinator to begin evictions.
- Follow up with Eviction Coordinator with progress checks.
- Run a report of all Residents that have lease expiring within 120 days.
- Work with Portfolio Manager on securing another lease term.
- Request the Health and Safety Inspections when necessary.
- Work with the Local Field Representative in obtaining the marketing pictures and data.
- Verify Leasing Concierge utilizes only approved marketing pictures, rental price and property data for new properties going to market.
- Work in tandem with Leasing Concierge ensure all ads are posted on designated websites and keep a daily checklist of postings to ensure posting is viewable and relevant.
- Under the direction of the Portfolio Manager track marketing activity and report daily.
- Extremely organized.
- At least 1 year of Property Management experience is preferable.
- Excellent verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to work well using office electronic tools, basic accounting and math skills, excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior residential single- family management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.