Tribalco provides mission-critical information technology, integrated telecommunications, and soldier survival solutions to defense, civilian government, and commercial customers around the world. We are a trusted systems integrator with a global presence, providing advanced and innovative lifecycle solutions, from engineering and installation to operations and maintenance, for the enterprise. With superior technical ingenuity and a proven record of performance excellence, Tribalco is the technology contractor of choice for meeting the unique and complex requirements of our discerning customers. Focused on defense and security technologies, Tribalco delivers unrivaled expertise, ingenuity, and reliability across a wide range of capabilities including cloud computing solutions, advanced wireless implementations, and tactical combat casualty care. Tribalco is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, with additional offices in California, South Korea and Florida.
Tribalco is a global leader in remote satellite-based communications solutions that solve our customers’ toughest communications challenges in urgent time frames and under extreme conditions. We specialize in enabling complex communication networks that are critical to the operations of the Department of Defense, Civilian Government and commercial markets.
We are actively seeking an experienced and highly motivated Sr. Network Administrator to join our team. The Network Administrator works within a cohesive team environment and supports a large Government client with multiple locations and is responsible for supervising a small team of network technicians in a secure operational environment. The team is responsible for maintaining industry and government IT compliance standards via scheduled deployments, patching managing and maintaining, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network routers, switches and encryption devices in Windows Active Directory environment. This position focuses on ensuring production systems are secure, tuned for optimum performance, delivering required information to end-users, and interacting properly with Wide Area networks (WANs). Maximize network environment monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with System Integration network architects. The Network Administrator will interface with other stakeholders and attend meetings, generate reports, and provide recommendations for enhancements and improvements. This position reports to the on-site Operations Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance):
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in network administration working with networking equipment specifically, including maintenance and upgrades, and be familiar with the applicable NIST Special Publications 800-37 Revision 1, 800-53 Revision 3 or 4, and 800-53A Revision 1
- Must possess and maintain an IT I level certification IAW AR 25-2
- Must possess and maintain an IAT II certifications IAW DoD 8570.01-M
- CCNA Security or Security+CE or SSCP or GSEC or GICSP
- CISCO Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching (CCNA R&S) Certification
- Must possess and maintain BBP 05-PR-M-0002
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and apply them as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
- Significant experience working with Linux and Windows servers and network monitoring tools.
- Strong knowledge of networking, including: TCP/IP, Vlans, Ethernet, SONET, switching, routing and routing protocols (BGP/OSPF), 802.1Q, and DNS.
- Proven experience in a network administrator role
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Candidate must have solid knowledge of information security principles and practices, as well as an advanced understanding of security protocols and standards.
- Experience and basic knowledge of networking components and various operating systems in a cloud environment, including UNIX and Microsoft is a plus.
- Expertise in other Security Frameworks (ISO, NIST, COBIT, HIPAA/HITECH, etc.) and regulatory requirements is a plus
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
- US Citizenship is required.
- At least an active Secret Government Security Clearance is required.
- Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
- Tribalco is an equal opportunity employer.
Founded in 2004, Tribalco is a CMMI® for Services Maturity Level 3 appraised and ISO 9001:2015 certified enterprise. As a named NSA Commercial Solutions for Classified Trusted Integrator, Tribalco develops, integrates, and deploys multi-layered NSA-compliant COTS-based solutions that enable customers to securely create, share, and protect their classified data. With headquarters in Maryland, regional offices in Florida, California, South Korea, and Germany and supporting satellite locations in Hawaii, Japan, the Marshall Islands, the Middle East and Africa, Tribalco competes internationally and performs with agility across the globe in dozens of countries. For additional information, please visit tribalco.com.