QA Agile Test Engineer (Web & Mobile) - Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TribalScale is an innovation firm that brings organizations - from the startup to the enterprise - into the future. We build digital products, transform teams, and grow startups. Were headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and were always looking for excited technologists to create with us.
- Some of the platforms that we work with:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, tvOS)
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a small team of ambitious technologists. You have a strong passion about building cool products and want to work somewhere where youre trusted from Day 1. You appreciate the sense of ownership and being recognized and rewarded properly for all the work that you have done. You also have the strong desire of working directly with the founders who have world class experience on developing products from the ground up and launching them into the market.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Work Remotely (9:00am-5:00pm EST) to assess the quality of mobile, web, voice, wearable, and OTT applications, by executing regression, functional, and automated tests, troubleshooting any defects found before documenting results
- Consult with clients to understand and document software testing requirements, defining quality metrics that provide visibility into the health of each products release
- Work collaboratively within high performance cross-functional teams in an Agile environment to define testing strategies that ensure overall software quart throughout the Software Development Lifecycle, based on product requirements
- Participate in change initiatives by levelling up your and your teams skillsets
- 3+ years of experience in Software Testing and Quality Assurance, with a focus on the design and development of test strategies for both web and mobile (iOS, Android) applications
- Strong analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills
- Solid experience in one or more scripting languages and/or programming languages such as Python, Node.js, Java, OOP concepts
- Experience in developing automated tests for mobile and web applications using frameworks like Selenium, Cypress, Appium
- A good understanding of automated testing best practices, the latest trends in automated testing, and design patterns
- Experience with distributed revision-control systems such as Git
- Experience with project/issue tracking software tools like Pivotal Tracker and/or Jira
- Passionate about pushing the envelope on current technologies and motivating others to adopt new development and testing methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with outstanding attention to detail
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience with web services and APIs, and an understand of testing for web based APIs with tools such as Postman, Charles Proxy
- Experience building automated test suites and architecting a code base from scratch
- Experience with native mobile automated testing frameworks such as XCUITest, Espresso
- Experience integrating automated tests using CI tools within the CI/CD pipeline, and in establishing a continuous build and test cycle
- Experience with accessibility testing
- Experience with performance testing for mobile and web applications, using tools such as JMeter
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- We are a collective of people and collaboration is key to our process.
- We dont work for our clients, we work with them. Weve helped ABC News, CBS Radio, the PGA Tour, CIBC, AAA, and more.
- Our team led the mobile revolution and now, were pushing the boundaries with emerging technology and were transforming companies.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a change-maker.
- We live by our values, meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency, and we recognize that diversity is our strength.
- Our mission is right the future and thats what were doing, were making a dent in how the world innovates.
STAY HAPPY & HEALTHY
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Inkblot mental health partnership with subsidized counselling benefits
- GoodLife membership discounts
- Vetster - 4 FREE Vet Checkups per year for your furry family!
- Annual Professional Development budget
MAKE MEANINGFUL CONNECTIONS
- Friday Demos to show off your work
- Remote Activities: online contests, movie nights, group fitness and more!
- Social Events: Bonfires, casual drinks, sports nights and more!
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more!
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
TribalScale welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are more than happy to accommodate all.
TechnologyView all jobs at TribalScale