Tribal One Professional Services (T1 Services) Colorado Springs, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for an experienced Superintendent with a strong work ethic, a professional appearance and demeanor, and a good overall knowledge of many construction types to manage day to day construction operations for Federal Government projects. The position requires knowledge in every stage of the construction process and the ability to supervise multiple subcontractors. Candidates possessing DoD and USACE construction experience are desired.
You must display excellent customer service skills, including solid communication and interpersonal abilities, and the ability to interact in a positive way with a wide variety of different types of clients, subcontractors, fellow employees, management, and office personnel.
- Maintain absolute integrity and honesty with management, subordinates, clients, subcontractors and all team members.
- Ensure project quality and profitability.
- Motivated to understand and enhance client's mission.
- Coordinate, plan and supervise subcontractors and/or craft activities ensuring adherence to plans and specifications.
- Monitor contractor production, schedule and performance.
- Manage subcontractor Daily Production Reports.
- Complete contractor daily reports and inspections.
- Initiate problem solving and perform repairs on any required work-related equipment, in a timely manner and within the boundaries of previous training.
- Assist subcontractors with Federal procedures and rules.
- Manage subcontractor base access issues.
- Ensure compliance with Tribal 1, OSHA and EM385-1-1 safety requirements for all stakeholders, to support and achieve zero injuries, incidents or accidents.
- Create and enforce site specific safety plans.
- Create and conduct employee, subcontractor and vendor site safety orientations.
- Accident Hazard Analysis creation and review encompassing subcontractor and self-work projects.
- Daily jobsite safety audits.
- Reporting and addressing all potential safety concerns/incidents/issues promptly.
- Document and record any injury or near miss incident that may occur on the jobsite.
- Develop and maintain CPM schedule.
- Work with all stakeholders to understand schedule changes. Plan and communicate course corrections to achieve agreed upon milestones.
- Understand and evaluate risk and cost of overtime schedules. Ensure subcontractor buy-in of overtime or crew change requirements.
- Maintain and routinely communicate 3-week look ahead and project schedules.
- Hold subcontractors accountable to established schedules.
- Measure and report on projected vs. actual baseline schedule throughout project.
- Ultimate responsibility for overall QC on the projects without a QCM.
- Manage the deficiency list process to ensure visibility and close tracking of items on a routine basis to minimize punch list items at the close out of the project
- Ensure everyone knows about project changes and their implementation.
- Maintain a clean and safe physical environment.
- Review and monitor job costs with the project manager.
- Manage the labor recap process, to include management reporting of labor and supervision costs.
- Close review of project personnel time cards to ensure accuracy and appropriate job charging.
- Ensure correct Davis Bacon job classifications are used.
- Manage Purchase Orders and subsequent comparisons to budgets.
- Coach, mentor, supervise project personnel in matters of construction practices and techniques.
- Foster and encourage an enjoyable working environment.
- Identify and recruit professional and craft construction personnel.
- Work in coordination with the Project Manager, ensure project personnel are adequately trained and accountable in their functions.
- Attend pre-proposal site visits as needed.
- Assist in preparation of estimates for self-perform work.
- Assist in creation of proposal schedules and plans.
- Assist in writing technical proposals as needed.
- Pursue new work and new customers.
- Ability to monitor all trades.
- Successful prior track record as a Superintendent on Federal Government projects for 5+ years.
- Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management preferred.
- Ability to monitor and lead jobsite safety.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong documentation and reporting skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work independently without oversight.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must pass and remain in compliance with drug free work place policies (including all Federal laws).
- Must be able to pass Federal background security checks and be able to obtain and maintain a TS SCI security clearance.
- Must be able to function as a responsible team member.
- Must exhibit excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and access roof tops.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and lead labor trades, vendors and subcontractors.
- Ability to travel to job sites.
- Required Training (preferred):
- OSHA 30
- USACE CQM Certification
- CPR and 1st Aid Certification
Tribal One Professional Services (T1 Services)Why Work Here?
Experience a supportive company culture that treats employees with respect and empowers them to achieve the highest level of productivity.
Headquartered in North Bend, Oregon, T1 Services is a 100% Native American tribally owned company, and is SBA 8(a) and HUBZone certified. T1 Services delivers a full range of multi-disciplinary professional & technical services to government agencies, commercial clients, and non-profits nationwide. This includes project/program management, financial and business support, administrative support, logistics and quality control services. These services can be delivered individually or in a customized, fully integrated business enterprise solution. No matter how specialized the requirements, our customers can rely on T1 Services to deliver subject matter expertise anywhere in the United States.
118 N Tejon StColorado Springs, CO