Job Description: We are looking for individuals who are motivated to be a part of advancing the future of education and developing experience instructing students in K – 8th grades in STEAM-related fields. Learn leadership and customer service skills by working with our broad customer base at a fast-growing company. This is an opportunity to improve your collegiate and/or professional applications through work experience, mentoring, community involvement, customer service and business skills. As an Instructor for Zaniac Parkside you are responsible for teaching small groups of students STEAM skills (science, technology, engineering, art, math). Our programs include coding, robotics, engineering, drones, math, science, CAD design, 3D printing, Minecraft, chess and more. Training, detailed curriculum and lesson plans are provided for you to teach from. You will also provide students with homework help and tutoring as needed. Instructors share our commitment to engage children with STEAM education and provide a fun, engaging and safe learning environment. The position is hourly (with a Simple IRA contribution match, paid holidays and PTO). Zaniac has variable retail hours for typically 30 – 40 hours per week with a schedule that varies by area school calendars.
Hours: This is a full-time position with variable retail hours and schedule, including the ability to work weekdays and weekends. Target is 30-40 hours per week. All hours and schedule subject to campus demand. Our typical campus schedule during the school year is 8:00am – 7:30pm Monday through Friday and 10am – 2pm Saturday, including additional weekend hours as needed (parties and events such as Kids’ Night Out). A typical campus schedule during summer and school breaks is 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday, including some weekends as needed (parties and events such as Kids’ Night Out).
Reporting to Manager: Courtney Gardner, Campus Director & Co-Owner.
- Learn, prepare and teach Zaniac programs to students in K – 8th grades as assigned, following the curriculum for each program.
- Assist children with virtual schooling.
- Greet students and parents in a timely, professional and engaging manner.
- Guide each student’s Zaniac Program selection to insure their continued interest and development STEAM concepts.
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment at all times.
- Keep parent(s) informed on their child’s progress and make recommendations on additional Zaniac programs.
- Deliver excellent customer service and support that inspires repeat student visits and expands our customer base.
- Ensure the safety of the students.
- Help maintain a clean campus and notify Campus Manager of any needed supplies.
- Support onsite and offsite campus events such as Field Trips, Workshops, Open Houses, Birthday Parties and Kids’ Night Out.
Core Competencies Required:
- Customer Service. Ability to transmit security to a parent(s) dropping off their child and sharing with a parent(s) on what their child is learning with their Zaniac program.
- Quality of Work: accuracy, thoroughness, attention to details, ability to multi-task and effectiveness in completion of work.
- Accountability and Reliability: dependability and conscientiousness in performing work. Ability to manage time, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Planning, Administration and Organization: ability to multi-task, think ahead and pre-empt situations, pro-activeness and foresight to see what is needed and take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems, and well organized.
- Job Knowledge and Expertise: knowledge of Zaniac and its products, technology and systems. Must have an interest and experience with STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) subjects. Computer proficiency with a focus on Apple/Mac a plus.
- Good Attitude and Judgment: Willingness to work in a team environment and help out where ever asked. Ability to work effectively in a diverse office setting.
- Communication Skills: good listener satisfactory written and verbal communication. Strong interpersonal skills as the position requires constant interaction with parents, instructors and kindergarten-8th grade students.
- Enjoy Children: Enjoy working with kids ages 5 to 15. Experience with children tutoring, coaching, student teaching, babysitting or in any other professional capacity.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid North Carolina driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Must have a high school diploma (or GED). College associates degree or better a plus.
- Since this position represents Zaniac and the community we serve, we are looking for friendly people who are clean and tidy in appearance and who are able to communicate effectively in spoken and written English.
Triangle Education Centers LLC
Why Work Here?At Zaniac, you have an opportunity to join a fast-growing education company and be a part of revolutionizing how children learn Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STEAM) skills. At Zaniac, K – 8th grade children learn just how much fun learning can be. Forget drills and repetition. Zaniac’s fun enrichment programs engage children in creative, conceptual problem solving that builds confidence and helps them succeed in school. During the school year, Zaniac offers all-day camps Monday – Friday and after-school programs Monday – Saturday. During summer and school breaks, Zaniac offers all-day camps Monday – Friday. Throughout the year, Zaniac hosts birthday parties and events such as Kids’ Night Out at our campus and expands its reach throughout the community with programs, camps and events at places such as area schools, community centers and libraries. Triangle Education Centers, LLC is a franchisee of the national Zaniac educational company and we are locally-owned and operated as Zaniac Parkside.
At Zaniac, you are an instructor, tutor, mentor and coach who positively impacts the lives of children in grades K to 8.