Triage Partners is hiring a temporary Bookkeeper. If you are great with numbers, detailed oriented, and looking for short term employment, join our team. The Bookkeeper is responsible for the AP/AR, payroll, general ledger preparation, expense reimbursement, time and attendance, workers comp audit preparation in addition to other accounting activities as assigned.
Supervision Received: Chief Financial Officer
Supervision Exercised: None
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
· Daily accounting operations surrounding cash, purchasing, AP, and AR.
· Maintain subsidiary ledgers for accounts receivable by recording customer payments, monitoring and following up on aged AR.
· Maintain subsidiary ledgers for accounts payable by adding new vendors, issuing payments and corresponding to inquiries.
· Ensure proper coding of expenses and invoices prior to entry into the accounting system.
· Ensure the timely processing and reporting of all monthly financial information.
· Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner
· Prepare and book general ledger entries while maintaining supporting records and files.
· Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
· Audit departmental accounting data, identifies and corrects errors.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Education and Certifications:
o HS Diploma, College a plus
· Prior Experience:
o Minimum of 5 to 6 years’ accounting and business experience.
o Experience in preparing, analyzing, and interpreting accounting records, financial reports
o Experience supporting a remote team a plus.
· Technical Skills:
o Expert understanding of automated accounting systems required, QuickBooks a plus
o Excellent computer skills required including experience in Excel, Word and Outlook. Must be able to learn and utilize available technologies to accomplish position goals.
· Skills and Abilities:
o Strong attention to detail.
o Effective oral and written communication.
o Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
o Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task with shifting priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Work Environment/Physical Demands: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones. Occasional travel may be required.