The Manufacturing Engineer works with all manufacturing departments to develop the Company’s manufacturing processes and quality capabilities. Is responsible for evaluating problems as they arise or before, and then coordinates the implementation of corrective actions as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Initiates Engineering Change Requests that improve productivity and/or reduce cost
· Identifies items or processes requiring pre-production runs before committing production demands
· Coordinates and resolves technical issues related to suppliers
· Identifies and resolves tooling issues related to Company owned tooling
· Resolves process and quality issues before they impact flow of production activities
· Works with suppliers to complete and submit deviation requests (SRMR’s) to design engineering
· Works with suppliers to review supplier corrective actions before submission to Quality Department with the purpose of avoiding non-value added activities.
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience
· BS degree preferred in Manufacturing Engineering, Operations or similar discipline
· 5 to 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing engineering or Supplier Development experience including, application of Lean manufacturing principles, work flow, process improvements and root cause problem solving
· Must have experience in hydraulic, electro-mechanical or electronic systems
· Must have working knowledge of machining techniques and processes
· Capable of using SPC methods & techniques along with experience leading and participating in cross-functional teams.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.