Jubilant DraxImage Radiopharmacies (JDR)/Triad Isotopes, a nationwide radiopharmaceutical company, is dedicated to nuclear medicine. We use our 25 years of experience in Nuclear Pharmacy to provide our customers with the best service and safest products. The JDR/Triad Network of facilities positions us to serve national GPO’s, regional systems, as well as standalone clinics and hospitals. Through our open formulary, we provide choice by giving our customers access to all radiopharmaceuticals available, allowing them to better serve their patients. JDR/Triad provides the strength of national coverage while remaining connected to our local community. We are patient focused and community driven to ensure that we are intimate with our healthcare partners’ needs.
If you would like to work with a large company with an independent pharmacy mindset and decision making process,JDR/Triadis the pharmacy for you.
We are currently seeking a Staff Pharmacist to support our pharmacy in Beltsville, MD.
The Staff Pharmacist is responsible for the preparation of nuclear pharmaceuticals in accordance with prescriptions and customer orders and ensures compliance with corporate, state and federal regulations for the safe handling and security of radioactive and biohazardous materials, and provides supervision for pharmacy team.
- Draw doses at low energy or PET facilities either manually or with the use of manipulator arms at PET facilities;
- Compound drugs in compliance with customer order; Elute generators to make material and combine the materials to create correct drug and dose;
- Perform constancy check on the dose calibrator and the SCA; Ensure equipment, which may include survey meters, single-channel analyzers, and dose calibrators, remains in proper working order; and check for proper functioning and calibration;
- Conduct quality control on kits and instruments; perform bio-assays, lab wipes & surveys, operate single channel analyzer to determine contamination level, document results; Perform a wide variety of quality assurance tests including: tests for sterility, pyrogenicity, and kryptofix as well gas chromatography tests, thin layer chromatography tests, alumina tests, molybdenum tests and other tests pertaining to both PET and low energy products;
- Pack and wrap containers and prepare for shipment; Operate survey meters and single channel analyzer to determine contamination level, document results;
- Complete bill of lading, placards and DOT documentation pertaining to the packaging and shipping of doses;
- Monitor the radiation safety program, and investigate spills and threats of radiation exposure; May perform Radiation Safety Officer duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager or in Manager’s absence where appropriate;
- Provide quality control of products and equipment; Ensure quality checks and maintenance are conducted timely and accurately; Peak single channel analyzer and adjust for maximum efficiency;
- Counsel patients about prescriptions, respond to inquiries and resolve problems; Research new formulas for patients, and determine method of dispensing; Communicate to patient on how to use the drugs, and what the expected results may be;
- Manage inventory, order supplies as necessary to maintain adequate volume to ensure operational efficiency of the facility; May be required to provide rotational coverage to other pharmacy locations throughout region;
- Supervise pharmacy technicians and support team; Assign and check work, assist in performance evaluation, discipline, and recommend hire and/or termination;
- May perform the duties and functions of pharmacy technicians and support team; Operate vehicle to deliver products to hospitals, clinics, and other facilities as instructed; Assist in delivery scheduling and vehicle routing; Respond to inquiries pertaining to deliveries and routing;
- Collect and return used materials and instruments; Check returns for contamination and dispose properly; Disassemble syringes, dispose of needles into approved container, remove label from pig and test for contamination; Restock clean returns and instruments into inventory;
- May serve in Quality Manager and/or Cyclotron Operator III role for PET pharmacy operations, as applicable; Refer to Role Description for Quality Manager and/or Cyclotron Operator III for additional duties and responsibilities;
- May also serve as Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) for the pharmacy, as applicable; Refer to the Role Description for RSO for additional duties and responsibilities;
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements; Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies;
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition;
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines;
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Science degree in pharmacy or a Doctor of Pharmacy from an accredited college of pharmacy required;
- “Authorized User” of radioactive materials on the pharmacy’s radioactive materials license and active state licensure preferred;
- Board certification in nuclear pharmacy (BCNP) preferred;
- Radiation Safety Officer experience preferred;
- Two (2) plus years of experience as a nuclear pharmacist preferred;
- Supervisory experience in motivating employees and meeting performance goals preferred in a medical environment;
- Highly organized and very effective time management skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Customer focused; team oriented
Qualified candidates please begin the application process by clicking the “apply” button.Triad Isotopes offers a competitive salary and benefits package, non-nuclear pharmacist training, relocation assistance and the opportunity to work for the fastest growing radiopharmaceutical company in the nation.
If qualified individuals with a disability need assistance in applying for this position, call Human Resources at 407-455-6700 informing us regarding the nature of your request and providing your contact information. AA/DFWP/EOE –M/F/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected VeteranJob Type: Full-time