Triad Adult and Pediatric Medicine, Inc Greensboro, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
The purpose of the Registered Dietician (RD) position is to provide comprehensive, complex nutrition and health education services to adult and pediatric patients with a variety of medical/nutritional problems. The RD will exercise a thorough knowledge of disease pathophysiology in relation to nutritional theories and practices. The RD will consistently manage acute, chronic, and terminally ill clients/patients who are characterized as medical high risk. The scope of practice will include but not limited to: managing the hypertension program, diabetic program and other quality and patient care initiatives. As a key contributor to the Quality Program the RD will participate in developing and implementing clinic flow, patient referral criteria, operation standards, and procedures. Serves as a technical resource and provides training to other clinical and non-clinical staff and work may include other related assignments as determined by the Chief Medical Officer (CMO).
Overview and Guideline:
The RD will receive complex, critical referrals, requiring independent analysis of clients’ medical condition, researching nutritional requirements of the respective medical problems, and creation of a treatment plan in concert with an interdisciplinary team approach. The RD may provide technical consultation and training to clinicians in developing the nutrition component of the care plan. May interpret medical and laboratory information and discuss hospital referred treatment plans, interpreting their application to the home environment.
Guidelines include standardized assessments, professional reference materials, nutritional program reference manuals, medical reference, and professional standards. Employees must independently apply these guidelines, program goals, and standards or seek advice from either a higher lever nutritionist or the program management team.
- Support medical staff in addressing nutrition and weight issues with all patients
- Counsel interested patients/families in healthy food choices and physical activity
- Maintain database of patients counseled
- Plan patient care independently or in concert with an interdisciplinary team.
- Meeting objectives and goals as directed by your supervisors.
- Help program management develop resources (handouts, newsletters, demonstrations and other teaching tools) and forms as assigned and directed.
- Meet with staff to review program and revise process.
- Communicate regularly with providers on all their patients/families enrolled in program
- Provide consultative service to school nurses, fitness program staff and other change agents.
- Assists with special research projects; gathers comprehensive health education data and statistics; and makes proposals as needed based on these and trends in the health education field.
- Provides oversight with the CMO for the Hypertension and Diabetic initiatives at the designated location.
- Participates in TQM (Total Quality Management) at TAPM for children and adults.
- Represents the agency at community organizations; serves as a speaker before public groups, private organizations, and the general public as needed.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Travel as needed.
- Registered Dietitian License
- Masters Degree with two year’s work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Current NC Driver’s License
Triad Adult & Pediatric Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Triad Adult and Pediatric Medicine, Inc
HealthcareView all jobs at Triad Adult and Pediatric Medicine, Inc