Triad Adult and Pediatric Medicine, Inc Greensboro, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
The Clinical Psychiatrist will evaluate, diagnose and treat patients with mental disorders. This role is integrated within the primary care clinic to function as a member of multi-disciplinary and administration teams in the provision of mental health and substance use screening protocols for adult & pediatric patients. This role may prescribe medication or suggest therapy according to their patents' needs.
- Helps patients by evaluating medical and psychosocial conditions.
- Develops and implements treatment plans, including prescription of psychotropic medications.
- Monitors and evaluates treatment results.
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patient, family, and other persons; conducting physical examinations; observing behaviors; reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; and ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Develops treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders and establishing treatment goals and methodologies.
- Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; discussing progress toward goals with patients; providing instructions; monitoring effect of medications; and supervising staff provision of services.
- Maintains interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress, and consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other health care providers.
- Assures quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, rules, Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations requirements, and legal regulations; participating in utilization reviews; and remaining available for emergency consultations.
- Improves staff competence by providing training and discussions regarding the interrelationship between psychosocial and physiological problems, psychotropic medications, crisis intervention, and related issues.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events and writing summaries.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong documentation and monitoring skills
- Proven ability to analyze information and to think critically
- Excellent decision-making and listening skills
- Excellent patient service, care and bedside manner
Preparation and Training:
- Completion of a psychiatric residency or a family medicine/psychiatry residency in an ACGME approved residency program
- Current BC/BE in Psychiatry (American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in psychiatry)
- Valid state medical license as MD or DO
- Valid DEA certificate
- 2 years’ experience working full-time as a psychiatrist in child/adult psychiatry
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Triad Adult & Pediatric Medicine does not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, creed, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Triad Adult and Pediatric Medicine, Inc
HealthcareView all jobs at Triad Adult and Pediatric Medicine, Inc