- Posted: over a month ago
Provides direct patient care services by independently and interdependently scheduling, supervising, and/or conducting complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. This position independently participates in the delivery of direct patient care within the scope of individual authority granted by the North Carolina State Boards of Medical Examiners and Nursing.
- Performs complete physical exams, obtains medical history; interprets and records findings.
- Orders/obtains appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies/tests to assist with patient evaluations, as needed.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine preliminary diagnosis and appropriate therapeutic plan.
- Performs direct patient care services, which may include instruction, education, counseling, recommendation of medications and treatments, health and illness prevention, and/or community resources to meet specific needs to patient and family.
- Coordinates and schedules laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures. Explains the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to patients.
- Reviews, writes, and renews medication prescriptions, which corresponds to the written standing orders, and/or, to the consultation advice of the supervising physician.
- Documents, updates, and maintains patient records.
- Carries out patient care services under indirect physician supervision, such as suture removal, catherizations, burn and wound debridements, simple head injuries, dressing changes, pelvic exams, removal of foreign bodies from orifice or tissue, etc.
- Collaborates with physician in the management of acute or long-term patient needs: monitors/maintains a record of patient progression, and consults with supervising physician when patient progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
- Collaborates with the designated Triage Nurse to address phone calls from patient seeking advice, answers to health questions, determination of being seen in the clinic, etc., home health nurses, teachers, inpatient medical team, PT ’s, OT’s, and physicians.
- Collaborates with Community Liaisons and Wraparound staff to coordinate patient complex care, follow-ups, and continuity of care
- Reviews school reports, psychological evaluations, DEC evaluations, IEP’s, Early Intervention Reports, etc. with regards patient care plan.
- Summarizes records and prepares referral letters.
- Communicates/confers with various outside agencies and resources regarding medical advice/information of clinic patients, such as dentist, social services, speech and hearing, etc., as needed.
- Refers patients to specialist, such as ENT, Pediatric Surgeon, Dermatologist, Neurologist, Asthma, etc., as needed.
- Assists in Quality initiative
- Participates in clinic and provider meeting minutes
- Confers with other health professionals regarding patient condition, if necessary.
- Promotes team, system, and organizational goals; maintains patient confidentiality and provides superior customer service.
- Disposes all disposable, contaminated, and used items into designated waste containers.
- Abides by all company policies regarding safety/health rules and regulations.
- Adapts to various situations and adjusts to shifting priorities.
Triad Adult and Pediatric Medicine, Inc
HealthcareView all jobs at Triad Adult and Pediatric Medicine, Inc