Taking Care of Our Nation’s Veterans.
It’s Who We Are. It’s What We Do.
Do you have a passion for serving those who served?
Join the TriWest Healthcare Alliance Team! We’re On a Mission to Serve®!
Our job is to make sure that America’s heroes get connected to health care in the community.
At TriWest Healthcare Alliance, we’ve proudly been on that important mission since 1996.
Are you our next Sr. Internal Auditor?
This position is under the direct guidance of the Manager, Internal Audit for administrative purposes and project management. This position will work with the Manager, Internal Audit and the Director, Corporate Compliance to establish and conduct a risk based program for testing internal controls to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse; assess efficiencies of processes; and to evaluate compliance with contract requirements. This position may also assist our external financial auditors in performing testing as needed.
TriWest Sr. Internal Auditor:
· Participate in the development of an enterprise wide risk assessment to design a comprehensive and practical program of audit coverage for TriWest.
· Manage projects (audits, reviews, or consulting engagements) from start to finish.
· Conduct research (i.e., preliminary fieldwork) involving interviewing appropriate TriWest staff, observing and evaluating procedures for risk assessment, and researching appropriate guidance under the TRICARE manuals.
· Develop an audit program, which documents the project scope and the steps to be accomplished.
· Conduct reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities, including the review of internal processes and quality management.
· Perform analysis of data to identify and/or support audit findings, including sample selection, testing, and conclusion.
· Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the management controls over those activities.
· Identify causes or contributing factors to issues related to controls, non-compliance, or errors.
· Report audit findings and make recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, improving operations, and reducing costs.
· Appraise the adequacy of proposed corrective actions to be taken to improve reportable conditions and follow-up on the implementation of the corrective actions.
· Plan and execute audits in accordance with accepted internal auditing standards and stipulated schedules.
· Participate in the program of preventing and detecting fraud and abuse to include conducting investigations to document the facts surrounding the situation.
· Maintain effective working relations with management during audits and to close out reports.
· Act as intermediary when an audit involves several functional areas and requires cross functional collaboration to accomplish the necessary corrective action.
· Conduct special reviews at the request of management.
· Lead audit teams as necessitated by projects.
· Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Are you qualified?
· Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Nursing, or Health Care Administration
· 5 years operational, financial or health care auditing experience
· Professional Certification as a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, or Certified Fraud Examiner
· Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or Health Care Administration.
· Knowledge of and ability to understand and interpret, policies and procedures related to general business, government contract requirements and health care administration functions.
· Knowledge and expertise on Financial and Operational aspects of health care operations.
· Experience interpreting policies and procedures related to government contract requirements, and health care administration functions
· Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations, Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations, and Cost Accounting Standards
More about working at TriWest Healthcare Alliance
We’re more than just a health care company. We’re passionate about serving others! We believe in rewarding loyal, hard-working people who are willing to learn as they grow. TriWest Healthcare Alliance values teamwork. Join our team, fulfill your responsibilities, and you may also be considered for frequent pay raises, overtime opportunities to earn even more, recognition and reward programs, and much more. Of course, we also offer a comprehensive and progressive compensation and benefits package that includes:
• Medical, dental and vision coverage
• Generous paid time off
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (with matching)
• Short-term and long-term disability, basic life, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
TriWest Healthcare Alliance is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of our nation’s heroes?
Since our founding in 1996, TriWest Healthcare Alliance has been On a Mission to Serve our nation's Veterans and military community.
For 17 years, we administered the Department of Defense TRICARE program. We have been proud to serve those who wear America's uniform, those who came before them and their family members. Today, we are privileged to support the health care needs of our nation's Veterans, offering access to quality provider networks and excellent customer service through the Veterans Choice Program.
TriWest Healthcare Alliance