Family Nurse Practitioner
Primary Purpose of Position
The Nurse Practitioner is academically and clinically prepared to provide health care services with the direction and supervision of the ADirector of the clinic an a qualified and licensed physician. This includes performing diagnostic, therapeutic, preventive and health maintenance services in any setting in which the medical provider renders patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Obtain medical histories and provide treatment for men, women and children in a primary care setting.
2. Perform physical exams and record normal and abnormal findings in the patient’s medical record.
3. Create and initiate treatment plan for patients and order appropriate therapy, delegated program and treatments based on medical necessity.
4. Order appropriate lab and diagnostic procedures
5. Interpret, diagnose and integrate findings to determine appropriate diagnostic, treatment and therapeutic plans exercising a degree of independent judgment.
6. Prescribe appropriate medications allowed by state law and administer injections.
7. Effectively triage and manage medical emergencies and patient health questions and or concerns
8. Perform medical procedures
9. Patient education, instructing and counseling patient regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, programs or other areas, such as normal growth and development, family planning, general health, or general health maintenance.
10. Provide and coordinates preventative health treatment focused on early detection, prevention and reversal of lifestyle related diseases.
11. Referrals to other physicians or support services where appropriate.
12. Stays current with all clinic requirements (OSHA, Corporate Compliance and Federal and State Health Care Policies).
13. Accurate use and timeliness of both CPT and ICD-10 coding designed to maximize reimbursements.
14. Follows policies set by clinic for patient care processes
15. Performs/assists with any and all other duties assigned.
II. KEY PERFORMANCE GOALS
1. Providing primary care utilizing the best of traditional medicine and evidence based lifestyle and complementary medicine in a team based environment
2. Follow set program policies focused on early detection, prevention, treatment and reversal of lifestyle related diseases
3. Emphasis on physical, emotional and spiritual whole person wellness for purpose.
4. Primary Care consisting of Annual Physicals, Well-Women, BHRT, Routine Follow-ups, Labs, Referrals, Prescriptions, Chronic Care Management, Transitional Care & Meaningful Use Criteria
5. Refer patients to appropriate clinic programs and defined delegation including but not limited to Musculoskeletal Non-Invasive Pain Relief, HeartSmart Testing focused on Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention, Allergies & Immunotherapy, Brain Health utilizing Brain- Mapping & Neuro-Feedback, and Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement
6. Ability to effectively treat 20+ primary care patients per day.
III. PERSONAL/PROFESSIONAL COMMITMENT:
1. Completes all mandatory in-services and competency requirements.
2. Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development.
3. Pursues opportunities for professional enrichment.
4. Utilizes supplies and resources of the organization in a cost effective manner.
5. Maintains commitment to working scheduled hours and schedules.
6. Knows and follows the Safe Operating Procedures for the department/unit. Takes appropriate measures to prevent unsafe actions
or conditions from resulting in harm to self or others. Report accidents/injuries in a thorough and timely manner.
7. Demonstrates a healthy personal lifestyle and reports for duty in the proper mental, physical, and emotional condition.
8. Consistently demonstrates appropriate commitment to professional personal and team development.
9. Promotes a respectful collaborative team based environment to effectively frame, escalate, vet and resolve concerns and encourage new ideas for improvement.
10. Manages patients efficiently and on time as needed and scheduled.
Knowledge and Skill
Ability to accurately manage, diagnose and treat pediatric, adult and geriatric family medicine patients. Teaches and empowers patients to make healthcare choices designed to maximize patient outcomes. Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record documentation, CPT and ICD10 coding. Understanding of HIPAA patient privacy laws.
Key Performance Measurements
Must meet standards of care and meaningful use, transitional care, chronic care and clinic program metrics. Demonstrate an ability to consistently treat 20+ patients per day maximizing delegated team. Excellent communication and customer service skills. Accurate and timely documentation and completion of records for all products and services administered.
A. EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Master 's Degree and designation as a Family
Nurse Practitioner from an accredited college program. Active medical Licensure for the state of Arizona
B. KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS: Must have necessary medical skills to
complete required physical exams, diagnose, treat, obtain medical
history, order and interpret diagnostic or routine tests. Must be
courteous and tactful, neat and friendly. Good communication skills,
as well as excellent verbal and reading abilities.
C. LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS: Maintenance of
certification through the state medical licensure, Drug Enforcement Agency license and CPR.
Problem Solving/Decision Making
TECHNICAL/ADMINISTRATIVE/CLINICAL: Demonstrates competence in the skills, (processes, procedures, and equipment) necessary to carry out assigned duties as identified. Demonstrates competence in recognizing and responding to patients physical, emotional and spiritual needs.