Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including a Pediatric ER and an Express Care ER. We also offer a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
The benefits this brings include:
- Emergency healthcare services available 24/7. Area residents receive the same high quality emergency care they have had to travel outside the community to receive at Capital Regional Medical Center in Tallahassee.
- Staffed by experienced emergency room physicians as well as nurses and technicians highly trained in providing emergency care. Approximately 40 new jobs were created in Gadsden County.
- Equipped with state of the art medical technology, lab services, and radiology including x-ray and CT. Immediate healthcare needs met onsite, without sacrificing access to appropriate medical technology.
Gadsden Memorial Campus
23186 Blue Star Highway
Quincy, FL 32351
The Paramedic, under the direction of the Medical Director and Emergency Services Director, is responsible for implementing technical procedures and care on all Emergency Department patients safely and effectively. The quality of care and service given will adhere to the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and the department of nursing and will maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, and their families. The Paramedic works responsibly with the RN and LPN in planning, and performing nursing care for patient(s) in accordance with the Florida State 10-D-66, physician's orders, recognized nursing techniques, policies, procedures, established standards and administrative policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psycho-social status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your benefits include:
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
Employee discount program
Employee stock purchase program
Student loan repayment
- State of Florida Paramedic License
- BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider
- PALS certification
- ACLS certification
- One (1) year of experience preferred
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic ...