Director Public Relations and Communications, Full-time
Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida for more than 60 years. As a comprehensive acute healthcare facility, Mercy offers a full range of services to the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. Licensed for 488-beds, Mercy Hospital is accredited by Joint Commission. Mercy is affiliated with more than 1,000 physicians representing a wide range of medical specialties.
As Miami-Dade County's only Catholic hospital, Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida and affiliated with HCA East Florida Division. Since its inception in 1950, Mercy Hospital has maintained its reputation for excellence while following the Catholic tradition of caring for God's people and providing spiritual support. Mercy Hospital is dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves.
Mercy Hospital is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment.
Reporting directly to the Division AVP of Marketing and Public Relations with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the CEO, the Director PR & Communications sits on the hospital's Administrative Leadership team playing a critical role in representing the voice of our customer, as well as serving as the lead hospital communicator/spokesperson both internally and externally. He or she develops annual PR & Communication plan to sync with Division-developed paid media plan for the hospital/market and drives our community and customer engagement to heighten our positive reputation within the community. The Director develops organic content (written, web, video) via tight connectivity with key service line leaders and physicians. He/she leverages this content to create dynamic materials, messaging, events and forums that will positively engage the community to choose this facility and measures success of all activities in order to refine and adjust as needed. The Director operates smoothly in a fast-paced, high-intensity matrix environment. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Earned Media Plan Execution
- Customer Problem Resolution
- Managing Public Relations, Marketing & Communications
- Community Relations
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years relevant marketing experience
- Acute hospital/healthcare environment experience strongly preferred
- Effective management and communication skills; both orally and written
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to travel from one location to another within the Division
- May be needed to work early morning, evening and weekend hours; position includes overnight travel on an as needed basis