Senior Systems Administrator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
IT Systems are complex! Do you thrive on assisting customers' utilize technology? Are you energized by working within a team? Do you love continued learning in your field? Systems Administrator team members apply relevant experience and technical skills to maintain and administer customers’ IT Systems, including resolving support tickets, server deployment and maintenance, system upgrades, security improvements, and documentation. Implement project management skills while working within a team and guiding junior technicians. This role is not a learning role; it requires experience with small and medium-size business IT Systems; Enterprise-level business experience is not relevant in this environment.
Education, Certification, & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (4-year degree is mandatory)
- 5 years’ experience in Systems Administrator role
- 2 years’ experience supporting client/server software
- Networking experience preferred
- CISSP certification preferred
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate certification preferred
- Microsoft Azure certification preferred
- Additional industry certifications a plus, but not required
- Commitment to ongoing learning—4 hours weekly—throughout tenure
Join a growing technology company and demonstrate your skills working within various company environments and industries as a Systems Administrator. This is a customer-facing support role. Successful candidate experience will include troubleshooting support desk calls, using a support desk ticketing system, documenting changes and solutions, and communicating with a variety of personalities while maintaining a calm and personable demeanor. This role uses time management, organization, and planning skills to schedule the week. Position requires ability to balance multiple role responsibilities while resolving and documenting technical incidents. To succeed in this role, candidate will be a team player, working with other technicians to provide a high-level of customer service while supporting customers’ IT systems. Successful candidates will have the ability to follow service level agreements (SLA's), be customer-service driven with flexibility to adapt schedule based on priority of technical issues. Systems Administrator position also consists of Networking tasks, including administering and operating multiple networks using Cisco and Meraki systems. Networking experience is preferred but if candidate has strong System Administrator experience, the Networking piece can be taught.
In support of TriQuest’s commitment to maintaining the highest levels of technical competency, technicians are expected to earn or renew certifications on a continual basis throughout tenure with hands-on learning, independent study, and formal training. Systems Administrator candidates must have 5 years’ experience supporting relevant technology, with 2 years’ supporting client/server software, and bachelor's degree. Networking experience preferred.
- Install new software releases and system upgrades
- Evaluate, approve, and install patches
- Resolve software-related problems
- Perform system backups and recovery
- Maintain NTFS security and share permissions
- Manage DFS, File Indexing, Hyper V- Replication, and Printing
- Manage Office 365, Users, Email, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint
- Manage Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity
- Document software configuration and dependencies
- Monitor system performance
- Provide day-to-day customer support related to end-user requests requiring server changes
- Perform root-cause analysis, develop solutions with team members, and assist or oversee remediation
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and document technical issues as Tier 3 support desk technician
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues
- Update requests in the service desk application including customer contact information, work logs, and knowledge database
- Hardware warranty maintenance: replace failing or damaged parts
- Conduct routine server & network device maintenance
- Escalate issues, as warranted
- Other duties, as assigned
Systems Administrator Technical Skill Requirements:
- Mastery with group policy, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RDS, and PowerShell
- Mastery with Microsoft Server and Microsoft 365
- Mastery with Microsoft Windows, desktop and server
- Mastery with Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook and Word)
- Proficient with Azure
- Proficient with both on-premise and cloud servers
- Proficient with installation, configuration, and operation Windows Server 2016-2022, including all roles and features
- Experience with network topology, TCP/IP, switches, and routing
- Experience with wireless connectivity and security, including laptops and mobile devices
- Experience using the 7-layer OSI model to troubleshoot issues and teach methods
- Experience using VoIP
- Awareness of Connectwise or similar ticketing software
- Awareness of IT Glue or similar documentation software
Network Technical Skill Preferences:
- Experience with L3/L2 Routing & Switching
- Experience with Catalyst 9xxx switches
- Experience with LDAP, active directory, DNS, and DHCP
- Experience with network topology, TCP/IP-IPV4, switches, firewalls, and static routing protocols
- Awareness of Meraki firewall
- Awareness of VPN
About TriQuest Technologies:
TriQuest Technologies is a 25-year-old IT outsourcing support & services solution for businesses in the DFW metroplex. At TriQuest, we hire individuals passionate about technology, with an enthusiasm for learning, and a desire to study and grow in technological aptitude. Team members are diligent in helping our customers utilize technology to solve business problems. We find solutions using technology to increase effectiveness and efficiency. We uncover the root cause of issues, rather than focusing on the symptoms. Each technician is part of a team of technicians with skills, interests, and professional certifications. We believe that the best idea wins— subject to the company strategy. For more information, check out life at TriQuest. TriQuest is centrally located in Fort Worth, Texas. TriQuest Technologies is an essential business and attendance in the company office and occasional offsite at customer locations is mandatory. This is not a remote position. The essential functions described herein cannot be eliminated from this role or performed by others.
Professional Demeanor: Team members must present themselves in a professional manner and dress, including basic grooming, no piercings, gauges, excessive jewelry, embellishments, or visible tattoos (in short-sleeved company shirt). Hair, including facial hair, must be in conservative style and cut with natural hair colors. Applicant must be able to adapt to in-office and onsite working locations with a variety of customers and variety of user personalities. All team members must comply with standards of professional conduct and with a professional demeanor befitting the TriQuest Technologies brand and culture. This is a support role—candidate must be a team player, have a positive and helpful attitude, maintain calm demeanor, talk to vendors and customers over the phone and in-person, communicate clearly, and be able to assist users with technical issues by talking to them in non-technical terms. The essential functions described herein cannot be eliminated from this role or performed by others.
Physical Demands: This role requires the following physical activity skills to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Candidate must have the ability to sit for up to 8 hours in a day and full mobility of body to walk, stand, climb ladder, crawl under desks and in tight spaces. Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying 50 pounds, use arms to reach and push/pull, use hands to write, pinch small cables, and type—40 wpm minimum. Applicant must be able to communicate verbally clearly and professionally in English with a variety of end-users over the phone and in-person. Chosen candidate must pass our mandatory background check including—but not limited to—employment verification, academic records, business and personal reference checks, personal credit check, criminal background check, driving record check, physical examination, drug screen, and any other relevant background information. The essential functions described herein cannot be eliminated from this role or performed by others.
Work Environment: Locations include light industrial and office environments, both at company office and at multiple customer locations throughout DFW. No additional travel requirements or overnight stays. Candidate must be able to drive themselves to company office and onsite to customer locations within Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. This is not a remote position. Candidate must be available and ready to work 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and available for occasional work after hours and on the weekend. All team members work 42 hours per week with 4 hours dedicated to continuing education. The essential functions described herein cannot be eliminated from this role or performed by others.
Benefits Package: Annual company benefits include 8 paid holidays, 15 days paid time off (more earned with tenure) and over 200 hours continuing education. Expense reimbursements and monthly payroll paid via direct deposit. Team members health, vision, and dental insurance is paid by company after nominal participation fee. Optional benefits include Simple IRA—with company match up to 3%—and Health Savings Account. Technical team members receive mileage and cell phone stipends, company apparel, and continuing education budget for exams and materials.
Agencies Please Note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by TriQuest's Talent Acquisition team. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners in the rare instance we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.
AddressFort Worth, TX
Get fresh Assistant Systems Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.