Project Engineer 11774
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Project Engineer II
The (R&D) Project Engineer II is responsible for managing new product development activities, along with existing product evaluation and testing. This position will ensure product requirements and quality standards are satisfied and to help assess how well the product will meet customer needs in terms of functionality and usability.
Project Engineer II Responsibilities
- Design and develop new products for in-house production and other manufacturing sites within the corporate group.
- Perform research and testing on product concepts, new, and existing products. Conduct material, design and process changes to existing products by following design control processes and analyses of defects. Identify areas to streamline or improve cycle time and quality.
- Provide continuing product support for manufacturing, sales and quality on design requirements, customer needs, testing, CAPA and product documentation.
- Coordinate with manufacturing at suitable stages such as at initial design to evaluate the designs ability to optimize for manufacturing in an efficient and economical manner.
- Ensure compliance to the requirements of ISO13485 standards, FDA regulations, and Good Manufacturing Processes regarding process, design, and development of new and existing product through communication and training.
- Collect and analyze data and present test results to the engineering team.
- Generate and review engineering change orders.
- Lead Technical design reviews across departments. Develop technical solutions to engineering problems using analytical methods such as DOE, correlation studies, and apply statistical analysis for product improvements.
- Apply FMEA process to implement sound engineering solutions.
- Prove product design by developing test plans, adjusting design, running performance calculations, maintaining quality standards, and approve prototypes.
- Develop product literature by recording, interpreting and explaining technical data and product performance.
- Responsible for product project management from prototype to full production based upon accurate project schedules and budgets.
- Design detailed project plans with engineering, manufacturing, and sales / marketing teams to manage all aspects of product development and production.
- Demonstrate strong drive for results and accountability for successful and timely completion of tasks and projects.
- Operate in a LEAN manufacturing environment and strive to suggest process improvements
Project Engineer II Qualifications
- Solid working knowledge of standard computer applications including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Communicate clearly and professionally with internal and external customers
- Work effectively as part of a team to achieve established outcomes. Understand other’s roles and empower one another to take responsibility to be successful. Demonstrate a collaborative interaction with peers to reach a common goal.
- Pay close attention to detail in all aspects of the job
- Make decisions using available resources and sound judgment
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyzes information skillfully
- Effectively teach, coach, and counsel associates by effectively communicating and providing follow-up.
- Open to other’s ideas and exhibits a willingness to try new things.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor work to ensure quality.
- Prioritize and plan work activities to use time efficiently.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Follows instructions, responds to direction, and solicits feedback to improve.
- Act in such a way to instill trust from management, other associates, as well as customers.
Project Engineer II Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical, or other related Engineering discipline.
- 5 years of design and development experience in the medical device and/or component industry (college internship experience considered).
- Design Control experience including design and process verification and validation.
- Understanding and experience in product design and development including the use of tools such as FEA, Risk Analysis, DFMA, SUS and GD&T.
- Experience in producing rapid prototypes.
- Knowledge of statistical methods/analysis, experience with application of Six Sigma statistical analysis, and controls
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied mechanical engineering in product design and evaluation.
- Strong aptitude for hands-on engineering testing and experimentation in a lab environment.
- Proficient in 3D CAD software (SolidWorks preferred).
- Understanding of CAE tools (FEA, CFD, etc.)
- Excellent project management skills. Microsoft Project experience preferred.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
TriMech Services specializes in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skill sets of our candidates specific industries.
AddressSaint Petersburg, FL