Operations Manager Description:
The Operations Manager must have a strong operational and technical understanding, strategic business insight, leadership capabilities to coach and develop individuals and teams, work collaboratively with other departments, and improve operating processes.
Lead activities to assure the processes and products are of the highest quality and are delivered on time while complying with strict government regulations. Manage manufacturing resources to ensure quality production, cost keeping and timely deliveries to customers while improving the factory and personnel infrastructure, within created plans, budgets and quality objectives.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide direction and alignment and lead changes in Operations. Create a positive and engaging culture and team that delivers great results. Structure for growth, provide coaching, and develop or hire the required capabilities.
- Coordinate production programs by optimizing quality, cost and delivery
- Accountability for operating safety, quality, delivery, productivity, utilization, supplier optimization and performance, inventory control, risk management, and optimizing costs of materials, labor, and overhead to steadily improve gross margins.
- Coordinate the Purchasing & Logistics activities.
- Define development plans and test programs
- Provide oversight to Supply Chain, Facilities, and Information Systems Departments
Operations Manager Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a technical field.
- 10 years or more experience in product manufacturing environments at mid-size companies.
- 5 years or more experience leading a department or a team – managing, coaching, and developing people.
- Experience building and improving operational processes, with expertise with Lean manufacturing principles and tools.
- Strong technical and business insight, with the ability to identify the root cause of complex problems and determine the right countermeasures.
- Able to work collaboratively and individually with a high level of autonomy and empowerment.
TriMech ServicesTriMech Services specializes in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skill sets of our candidates specific industries.