Mechanical Engineer Description:
Assist in and take ownership of engineering configuration management to include engineering drawings, flat patterns, artwork files, 3D CAD data and BOM. To analyze customer, regulatory or contractual requirements and come up with product design or configuration control measures to ensure they are met. To analyze customer requirements and come up with/cost out new product concepts that satisfy new customer requirements. To manage design and development activities within a product group focus. To be the technical authority as it pertains to process and design of various products in production.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Work on a project within the Product Development Process and create deliverables to achieve or improve product performances, cost & specification as well as project budget and schedule
- Translate user or regulatory requirements into test and validation plans, engineering design documentation, or product build specifications.
- Aid in technical support and presentation of data for the marketing and sales team;
- Review and/or conduct product validation and verification testing for production part or process approvals.
- Research, analyze and certify product against regulatory requirements such as NFPA or NIOSH.
- Work directly with suppliers on technical issues or projects with the support of the purchasing department as required.
- Assist in quality aspects of the engineering design by identifying key quality characteristics and/or methods required to ensure product conformity to the design, user, or regulatory requirements.
- Support manufacturing with aiding in work instruction generation, technical guidance on process settings and aid in development/implementation of new manufacturing test/build equipment as needed.
- Troubleshoot product and assist in root cause analysis as well as corrective action implementation
- Updating, creating engineering documentation (drawings, user instructions, 3D CAD data), Bills of Materials.
- Provide design support for new product development, custom quote and custom design modifications.
Mechanical Engineer Required:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 2-5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment or related field
- Experience in working within an ISO quality system is a plus.
- CAD experience, SolidWorks preferred
- Experience in product development, program management or sustainment engineering
- Experience with design for plastic or rubber injection molding and material selection
- Bi-Lingual French/English is a strong plus. Fluent verbally and written in English required.
- Experience working with contracts and within regulatory requirements is a plus
- Experience with 3D printing a plus
- Experience with ERP systems a plus, Epicor a strong plus
- Experience in lean manufacturing and root cause analysis is a plus
- Experience with product certifications such as NFPA, NIOSH, etc. a strong plus.
- Ability to interpret schematics and/or drawings, and to have familiarity with GD&T.
- Ability to travel outside the US, primarily to Canada, on an as needed basis. Approximately 25% travel time.