Electrical Drafter Summary:
Create, develop and recommend changes to electrical parts and functional assemblies utilizing appropriate CAD tool software.
Electrical Drafter Responsibilities:
- Use Solidworks design, and drafting systems to prepare engineering drawings, specifications and estimates.
- Create electrical drawings for MIL STD requirements.
- Work from blueprints, technical directives, technical data and engineering specifications to create aircraft electrical drawings.
- Prepare designs or exhibits from general instruction and preliminary sketches, diagrams, schematic, conceptual, or detailed design drawings.
- Design/modifying complex and non-routine drawings, aircraft wiring routes and providing creative solutions for installation data packages.
- Research and assist engineering personnel in developing and recommending corrections to efforts in modifications or changes to required documentation.
- Work with custom programs to create detailed drawings, and when necessary, bills of material to be used in the manufacture and installation of our products.
- Confer with Design Team, Engineers, Project Managers and other shop personnel for revising drawings; creating drawings, determine design requirements, modifications, and issues.
- Efficiently produce accurate drawings for review and approval by design staff.
Electrical Drafter Preferred:
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures with MIL-STD-31000, Department of Defense, Standard Practice, Technical Data Packages.
- Experience fabricating and integrating loose wiring assemblies in military aircraft and able to understand and build up connectors using the proper tools.
- Create drawings and data packages to assist with modifications and installations on aircraft and components.
Electrical Drafter Required:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required; Associates Degree strongly desired or completed a technical school, trade school, or advanced armed services technical school curriculum or course of study in CAD certificate program - Solidworks
- Must be proficient with Solidworks. Might consider other CAD packages.
- Ability to read, interpret electrical, electromechanical, integration and installation schematics and drawings.
- Communicate and prioritize duties, requirements and responsibilities precisely and be organized and detailed oriented.
TriMech ServicesTriMech Services specializes in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skill sets of our candidates specific industries.