Work area is in a city park environment and will require the officer work in all types of weather conditions. Patrol areas on foot. Answer calls for service. Common duties include writing activity reports, answering phone calls, greeting employees, guests. May also be required to escort personnel to and from the area. May require individuals to spend long hours on their feet. Respond to incidents, ensuring they are properly documented and that the appropriate staff and agencies are contacted.
- Maintain an approachable demeanor and open communication with park staff
- Ensure the physical security of the park facilities
- Enforce park rules and guidelines, communicating in a courteous and professional manner
- Maintain a professional appearance adhering to uniform and appearance standards
- Proactive patrols and interactions with staff and visitors.
- Support the safety and security of a wide array of special events.
- During these events may collaborate with a range of external resources, such as contracted off-duty police officers, EMTs, and event security staff.
Unarmed CLEET security license is required, armed CLEET security license is a plus.
Preferential consideration is given to applicants with prior military and or law enforcement experience.
Current licensing in CPR/First Aid/AED is preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time